HR & Recruiting Glossary
This glossary will support any HR professional, business owner, or hiring manager. Here you will be able to find the knowledge of key terms and concepts shaping the hiring world.
Have any questions?
We’re ready and happy to help. :)Let’s Talk Hiring
The Great Resignation
What is the Great Resignation?
The Great Resignation (also called "The Great Attrition," "The Big Quit," or "The Great Reshuffle") is a term used to describe the record number of employees who resigned from their positions as the Covid-19 Pandemic was beginning to wind down. This trend of workers resigning en masse has continued to be a problem for companies around the world.
What are the reasons for the Great Resignation?
There are countless reasons for the high number of resignations occurring in the job market today. Among those reasons are:
- Wages not rising at the same rate as the cost of living
- Limited opportunities for career growth and advancement
- Lack of flexibility for working remotely
- Hostile/divided work environments
- Lack of benefits
- Health and safety concerns due to the pandemic or employees suffering from Long Covid and not being able to continue to work.
- Current job doesn't align with the new core values and priorities of the employee
- Employees have a new view on life and the importance of taking time for themselves and their families and decide to retire early
- Higher competition amongst industries, leaving employees empowered to make changes
Are you ready to discover your recruiting secret super powers?
Let’s schedule a Free Hiring Consultation Call. One of our expert Hiring Consultants can help you identify what’s working and what might be wasting time and money.I’m Ready to Hire Great People
Additional Glossary Terms
PRESS RELEASE: ApplicantPro Named One of Indeed's Platinum Partners
Improving Your Hiring Strategy By Applying Marketing Principles
Labor Hoarding: A Strategy for Navigating the Labor Shortage in 2023
Are You a Hidden Gem but Struggle to Hire?
Indeed's New ATS Partner Program: Enhancing Your Hiring Process
- Ready to Use on Day One
- Easy to Use
- Price Match Guarantee
- Fast Turnaround Time
- Engaged Applicants