HR & Recruiting Glossary
This glossary will support any HR professional, business owner, or hiring manager. Here you will be able to find the knowledge of key terms and concepts shaping the hiring world.
New Hire Paperwork
What is New Hire Paperwork?
New Hire Paperwork refers to the forms new employees complete once they accept a job offer. It should be completed before the employee starts working or receives their first paycheck. This is often on their first day of work.
What paperwork is included in the New Hire Paperwork?
The paperwork may include, but is not limited to:
- W-4 (or W-9) for federal tax withholding,
- Form I-9: Employment Eligibility Verification,
- State tax withholding form,
- Direct deposit form(if applicable),
- Personal data and Emergency contact information,
- Any internal forms specific to the company,
- And possibly the distribution of an Employee Handbook.
New hire paperwork can be completed online with an applicant tracking system.