HR & Recruiting Glossary
This glossary will support any HR professional, business owner, or hiring manager. Here you will be able to find the knowledge of key terms and concepts shaping the hiring world.
What are Ghosting Applicants?
Ghosting applicants are job seekers that unexpectedly stop all communication with an employer during the hiring process without any explanation.
What are some of the reasons applicants may ghost employers?
- They found another job during their hiring process with you
- They lost interest in the job
- They weren't getting enough communication from the hiring manager
- They decided the job wasn't a good fit for them
- They didn't like the benefits offered
- A change in their personal or professional situation
- Miscommunication or misunderstanding
What can I do to help prevent ghosting from my applicants?
COMMUNICATION! Communication is key! Keep in touch with your applicants. Make sure they know your hiring process and timelines. Set up automated steps and responses if necessary. But make sure your applicants know what is going on with their application every step of the way. If they feel appreciated and seen by you, there's less of a chance of them disappearing into thin air... even if they get another job offer or their personal situation changes... if they feel you care, they'll let you know what's going on with them.