HR & Recruiting Glossary
This glossary will support any HR professional, business owner, or hiring manager. Here you will be able to find the knowledge of key terms and concepts shaping the hiring world.
Have any questions?
We’re ready and happy to help. :)Let’s Talk Hiring
Applicant Tracking System
What is an Applicant Tracking System?
An Applicant Tracking System (ATS) is a type of software that helps streamline the hiring process for a company. It can help your hiring managers with posting job ads to job boards, it can store applicant data, and it can screen those applicants and filter out the ones that are not a match. An ATS may also allow recruiters to comment on and rate applicants in a single database so everyone involved in the hiring process can easily collaborate.
What are the benefits of Applicant Tracking Systems?
- They provide a centralized database that multiple managers and HR professionals can log into to collaborate and stay on top of the hiring/interview process.
- They can make it easier for a job seeker to apply.
- They alleviate the amount of work on HR's side.
- It provides all of the necessary tools you need in order to sift through your applicant pool and hire the most qualified candidate for your open position.
- They replace paper applications! You no longer have to sift through countless paper or emailed resumes. Everything you need is stored in one place and accessible anytime, anywhere.
- You can optimize your job ads with popular keywords so that applicants can find your jobs more easily.
- The ATS takes the applicant's information and automatically filters the qualified job seekers from the unqualified ones for you through their answers to screening questions you can set up.
Can I use an ATS even if I'm a smaller business?YES! Whether you normally hire for 200 jobs or 5 jobs a year, you should be using ATS!
Are you ready to discover your recruiting secret super powers?
Let’s schedule a Free Hiring Consultation Call. One of our expert Hiring Consultants can help you identify what’s working and what might be wasting time and money.I’m Ready to Hire Great People
Additional Glossary Terms
Indeed's New ATS Partner Program: Enhancing Your Hiring Process
Pre-employment Assessments Are an Essential Tool for Your Hiring Process
Do you have a competitive advantage when it comes to hiring?
Are you reeling in the best job seekers out there?
What are the best ways to retain your employees
- Ready to Use on Day One
- Easy to Use
- Price Match Guarantee
- Fast Turnaround Time
- Engaged Applicants