HR & Recruiting Glossary
This glossary will support any HR professional, business owner, or hiring manager. Here you will be able to find the knowledge of key terms and concepts shaping the hiring world.
Diversity and Inclusion
What is Diversity and Inclusion?
Diversity and Inclusion is the concept of making everyone feel accepted and valued regardless of who they are or what they do within your company.
What are the different types of diversity in the workplace?
Diversity includes, but is not limited to:
- Sexual orientation
- Political affiliation
- Job functions
What are some of the benefits of diversity and inclusion in the workplace?
Diversity and inclusion can benefit your company in several ways, including:
- Making your place of employment attractive to job seekers.
- Collaboration and Innovation. With a diverse set of employees, you will have a diverse set of ideas, knowledge, and experience leading to more effective collaboration and innovation.
- Employee retention. If your employees feel accepted and valued they are more likely to stay with your company.
- A greater range of skills. With diversity comes a wide range of employees all bringing different skills to the table.
- Happier customers! If you have a diverse workforce, you will better understand a diverse customer base. When you understand the needs and wants of your customers, you will have happy customers!