Technical Support Respresentative Sample Job Description Template
Are you savvy with Computer and IT operations, or basic functions, but also really like helping people? Are you great at explaining things, and getting down to the nitty gritty of a problem or frustration with technology? We are looking for you! We want to hire an excellent Tech Support Rep, who is willing to learn our company, services, and systems, and help our customers come to love them even more.
[Insert company description here]
This section should briefly describe the history of your credit union, your values, and what it’s like to work there. Make sure to emphasise the work culture experienced by your employees.
Are you hiring a Technical Support Representative?
Start your 30-day free trial now to post to hundreds of job websites!
A Day in the Life of a Technical Support Representative
You will meet with our clients over the phone, or through computer chat rooms, and at times using our video/screen sharing programs. You will communicate with each of them in a patient, positive manner to diagnose their concerns and frustrations. You will take excellent notes, documenting all interactions. Doing so will yield a track record that we can use as preventative measure to avoid any epidemic issues with our systems, sales, or marketing tactics. You will use your genuine, kind, curiosity to understand, teach, and guide our customers in utilizing our systems and products. You will be able to educate our clients in a manner that makes their lives less complicated and more convenient, as that is the purpose of using our systems. You may have multiple “cases” going on at the same time. You may have disgruntled customers. You will be awesome at keeping a great perspective, and manage time and prioritize wisely. You will understand sales processes and philosophies as well, using these to make sure our customers understand fully what our company can do for them..
- Previous Data Center, IT Support, Customer Support Center Experience
- Positive, Professional, Patient
- Ability to relate quickly to people
- Have a strong willingness to listen carefully and infer meanings to tech language.
- Time management skills, excellent organizational and written reporting skills.
- Great solution skills, inquisitive, communicative.
- Completely comfortable with IT concepts & being able to communicate in simple terms.
- Strong base of technical knowledge relating to computers and multiple types of software systems.
- Understanding of Computers: hard drive interfaces, computer components, BIOS
- 1 year Tech Support experience
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent Follow-Up skills
[Add schedule here]
Are you ready to Join Our Team?
If you would like to be part of a productive, successful team. APPLY TODAY! Quick 5 minute application process.