- San Francisco, CA, USA
- 19.91-26.55 per hour
- Full Time
On Lok 30th Street Senior Center
On Lok 30th Street Senior Center is San Francisco's largest multipurpose senior center with eight programs serving more than 6,000 seniors per year. We offer multiple programs for active seniors citywide including exercise classes, delicious meals and a variety of social activities to carry out our mission to help seniors remain healthy, independent and in their communities for as long as possible. Our Aging and Disability Resource Center, home delivered meals, and case management programs, provide additional support to seniors in our community.
Interested applicants should provide a resume and a cover letter highlighting their interest in this position and their relevant experience with the unique population it serves.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Senior Center Activities Program Assistant is a cross-functional role responsible for providing direct and indirect program support for all On Lok Day Services (OLDS) senior center activities and reports directly to the Activities Program Manager.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform Staff-On-Duty responsibilities for the Senior Center which includes; facilitating daily scheduled activities, performing new participant intakes, and the enforcement of center policies and procedures.
- Perform new client follow-up services and retention tracking.
- Assist Activities Program Manager with special events and programs.
- Provide back-office support for the Senior Center's activities by assisting Activities Program Manager:
- Data entry and analysis of client participation in senior center activities.
- Analyze and file consumer satisfaction surveys.
- Assist with monthly reporting on participation and other program statistics.
- Participate in staff meetings.
- Perform additional duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS (knowledge, skills, abilities):
- Bilingual Spanish/English required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Gerontology, Social Work or related fields preferred.
- Experience working with older adults preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency and comfort with Microsoft Office and database systems required.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience and comfort facilitating activities with older adults required.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and provide status updates to supervisor.
On Lok's Employee Benefits include (eligible for any position for 20 hr/wk or more):
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Retirement Savings Plan 403(b) and Term Life/AD&D Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account, Commuter Checks, MLA scholarships, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Pet Insurance and additional discounts
- Holidays (10 per year), vacation time, sick leave, and long-term disability insurance
Your final compensation offer will be determined based on factors such as skills, experience, education, and licenses/certifications. The pay range is expressed as an hourly rate regardless of FLSA status. Exempt positions are paid salaried and are not subject to overtime.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and state and federal laws (including federal PACE requirements at 42 CFR 460.64(a); 460.68(a), we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
On Lok is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy), race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, age, military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
If you require reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions and/or to receive other terms, privileges or benefits of employment please contact Recruitment (firstname.lastname@example.org).