- 14-Sep-2021 to Until Filled (PST)
- Sacramento, CA, USA
- $23.54- $29.77 DOE
- Full Time
Looking for a Case Manager in our Thriving Organization
One Community Health is recruiting mission driven, kind, warm hearted, and hard-working people who are dedicated to quality care and superior service. Our culture is centered around our values of compassion, accountability, respect and excellence. We are proud of our inclusiveness and the diversity of our staff and patients.
One Community Health is poised for growth and expansion. Come join us on this journey as we become healthy together!
At One Community Health we believe healthcare isn't a privilege; it's a human right. Everyone should have the opportunity to achieve optimal health. We've made it our job to help individuals and our community lower the barrier to wellness. Our organization pushes for equality for all and for social justice for those on the margins. Our doctors and health care professionals treat people with compassion, without judgment for their personal choices and behavior. We provide a comprehensive menu of services to everyone in need, and we advocate for public awareness of such issues as the stigma surrounding mental illness and the need for healthcare for everyone. We understand the impact of trauma on one's health and are working to help people heal those wounds. When we see suffering, we try to heal it whether it be an individual in pain or a group in our community. If these are your values are your values, then please consider joining our team.
Additionally, One Community Health is actively committed to the Treating Patients with C.A.R.E. communication model. This communication style supports patient safety, trust, and whole-person care. It is central to us offering great patient-centered service and gives employees the tools needed to empower them in their interactions with patients and co-workers alike. The acronym C.A.R.E. stands for Connect, Appreciate, Respond, and Empower. To ensure all staff adopt this model, new hires will become certified as part of their onboarding process. This knowledge enables our staff to elevate our patient service and empower clinic to be healthy together.
What We Are
We are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) serving all those in need in the Sacramento area. We have been a level 3 Patient Centered Medical Home since 2011 and were the first to earn that designation in Sacramento. Integrated, comprehensive and supportive services to maximize health outcomes. The founding values of One Community Health were based on providing a safe and welcoming place for people who often experienced social exclusion and discrimination.
About the Position
Under the direction of the Case Manager Supervisor and Behavioral Health Director (BH), the Case Manager is responsible for the provision of quality, compassionate, timely and accurate medical case management services to individuals including individuals living with HIV. Provide client centered services that link clients with health care, psychosocial and other services to insure timely coordinated access to medically appropriate levels of health and support. As a healthcare provider, all One Community Health employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exceptions are only allowed for qualified medical and religious reasons. If you need to get vaccinated, you can do so at our Midtown clinic.
- Evaluate client is getting the level of care needed and assure client accesses necessary care.
- Monitor client eligibility requirements in order to maintain Ryan White programs and services.
- Complete intake assessment of client's needs, and develop a comprehensive care plan strategy, including care coordination, and setting goals.
- Coordinate support services for clients based on status assessment.
- Manage active caseloads based on case intensity and acuity.
- Act as a liaison between client, physician and outside agencies.
- Social Determents of Health - coordination and follow up on medical, mental health, AOD, social needs, barriers and concerns.
- Monitor client status to determine the efficacy of the individual Care Plan and revise the plan as necessary.
- Be able to support and problem solve without judging the client in the present or future based upon their decision(s) in the past.
- Continued follow up with clients to insure they stay in care.
- Conduct home visits when necessary.
- Participate and coordinate in home health programs for Medi- cal patients
- Maintain client documentation and other paperwork as required by One Community Health policies, grants, or other program funding sources.
- Maintain accurate and timely electronic health record of Case Management activities.
- Adheres to quality, compliance and case management policies and procedures.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Education/ Experience Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work or a related field or four years case management or comparable experience in social service setting.
- Previous experience with the HIV community preferred.
- Medical Insurance
- We offer a choice between three carriers: Sutter Plus, WHA and Kaiser Permanente.
- One Community Health pays about 90% of the Employee only premium and pays 75% of the costs for dependents or partners/spouses.
- 2 Dental plans offered through Delta Dental: PPO and DHMO
- DHMO is paid in full by employer (employee only)
- VSP Vision Insurance paid in full by employer (employee only)
- Company Paid Life, AD&D and LTD offered through Unum
- One times annual salary paid in full by employer (LIFE and AD&D)
- LTD is 60% annual salary paid in full by employer after 90 days
- Flexible Spending Plan (before-tax savings plans)
- Employee Assistance
- Supplemental Insurance through Aflac
- Up to 4% employer match at 90 days of employment
- Administrative fees and administration of plan managed and paid for by employer
- Robust PTO, Sick Time, & Paid Holidays
- Additional Benefits/Extra's
- We are an eligible NHSC (National Health Service Core) approved loan repayment site and are proud to have a HPSA score of 16.
- Educational and Language Stipends: higher level of education or secondary languages
- Professional dues and/or licensure fees paid by organization as it relates to the job
- Professional training and/or conference/travel fees paid by organization
- Opportunity for annual merit increase and pay for performance if annual performance goals met
One Community Health values the diversity of the people it hires and serves. Diversity at One Community Health means fostering a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, respected and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person's talents and strengths. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability. Please provide us with notice if you will require accommodations during the interview process.