- 04-Sep-2019 to Until Filled (PST)
- Sacramento, CA, USA
- Full Time
Looking for a Medical Assistant in our Thriving Organization
One Community Health is recruiting mission driven, kind, warm hearted, and hard-working people who are dedicated to quality care and superior service. Our culture is centered around our values of compassion, accountability, respect and excellence. We are proud of our inclusiveness and the diversity of our staff and patients.
One Community Health is poised for growth and expansion. Come join us on this journey as we become healthy together!
At One Community Health we believe healthcare isn't a privilege; it's a human right. Everyone should have the opportunity to achieve optimal health. We've made it our job to help individuals and our community lower the barrier to wellness. Our organization pushes for equality for all and for social justice for those on the margins. Our doctors and health care professionals treat people with compassion, without judgment for their personal choices and behavior. We provide a comprehensive menu of services to everyone in need, and we advocate for public awareness of such issues as the stigma surrounding mental illness and the need for healthcare for everyone. We understand the impact of trauma on one's health and are working to help people heal those wounds. When we see suffering, we try to heal it whether it be an individual in pain or a group in our community. If these are your values, then please consider joining our team.
What We Are
We are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) serving all those in need in the Sacramento area. We have been a level 3 Patient Centered Medical Home since 2011 and were the first to earn that designation in Sacramento. Integrated, comprehensive and supportive services to maximize health outcomes. The founding values of One Community Health were based on providing a safe and welcoming place for people who often experienced social exclusion and discrimination.
- Medical Insurance
- We offer a choice between three carriers: Sutter Plus, WHA and Kaiser Permanente.
- One Community Health pays about 90% of the Employee only premium and pays 75% of the costs for dependents or partners/spouses.
- 2 Dental plans offered through Delta Dental: PPO and DHMO
- DHMO is paid in full by employer (employee only)
- VSP Vision Insurance paid in full by employer (employee only)
- Company Paid Life, AD&D and LTD offered through Unum
- One times annual salary paid in full by employer (LIFE and AD&D)
- LTD is 60% annual salary paid in full by employer after 90 days
- Flexible Spending Plan (before-tax savings plans)
- Employee Assistance
- Supplemental Insurance through Aflac
- Up to 4% employer match at 90 days of employment
- Administrative fees and administration of plan managed and paid for by employer
- Robust PTO, Sick Time, & Paid Holidays
- Additional Benefits/Extra's
- We are an eligible NHSC (National Health Service Core) approved loan repayment site and have an HPSA score of 16.
- Opportunity for Reimbursements, Bonus options and/or annual increase.
- Educational and Language Stipends: higher level of education or secondary languages
- Professional dues and/or licensure fees paid by organization as it relates to the position
- Professional training and/or conference/travel fees paid by organization
- Opportunity for Community Engagement, Events and Involvement
- Opportunities to help with state and national level advocacy
About the Position
This position is full time and will be responsible to provide care to patients, under the direction of the Nurse Manager and physician and participates as an active member of the clinic care team. The incumbent is responsible for the use of universal precautions at all times.
- Prepare and/or positions the patient for examination by physician and/or nurse practitioner.
- Explains the basics of what to expect during the visit and respond to questions, eases fears and reassures and relaxes patient.
- Takes height, weight, blood pressure and vital signs and documents the information in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) vital template.
- Obtain information regarding previous labs, x-rays, tests, and pertinent visit information.
- Obtains specimens, conducts EKG's, urinalysis and other tasks related to this position and records information and outcomes in the EMR as directed by physician and/or nurse practitioner.
- Administer injections and medications as indicated in a written ordered documented in by the provider/nurse practitioner and following the five rights of medication administration which include, 1) right patient; 2) right route; 3) right dose; 4) right time; 5) right medication. Medication expiration dates are also checked.
- Observe patient for reaction following tests, medication or procedures. Responsible for notifying physician/nurse practitioner immediately of baseline changes in patient's status or follows emergency procedures.
Education/ Experience Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Medical Assistant certification demonstrating completion of one year program at college or technical school, three to six months experience in a medical office environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic Life Support for the healthcare professional required.
- Spanish speaking preferred.
One Community Health values the diversity of the people it hires and serves. Diversity at One Community Health means fostering a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, respected and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person's talents and strengths. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability. Please provide us with notice if you will require accommodations during the interview process.