- Houston, TX, USA
- Full Time
OI Infusion Services is a leading provider of specialist practice management services. We work with specialist providers and healthcare groups to infusion therapy to their patients and grow their practices. We are a fast growing startup looking for entrepreneurial individuals seeking a challenge.
We are looking to add a Medical Collector in our Houston TX office.
1. Responsible for collecting the correct payment amount on outstanding accounts.
2. Communicate with carriers, payers, clients and facilities to get the maximum payment on accounts.
3. Research, identify and resolve incorrectly processed claims.
4. Achieve a complete resolution on denials, underpaid or refund requested accounts.
5. Correctly respond to all health care correspondence within 72 hours.
6. Correctly and timely appeal under and unpaid claims.
7. Submit appeals, claim corrections and reconsiderations.
8. Request rebill within 72 hours of denial notice received.
9. Responsible for correcting claims within 48 hours of notice.
10. Assist with patient benefits and prior authorizations as needed.
11. Report any misconduct, suspicious or unethical activities to the Compliance Officer.
12. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
1. High School Diploma.
2. Associate's degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
3. 2-4 years of out-of-network pharmaceutical medical billing and appeal experience.
4. Insurance billing reimbursement and medical business office experience.
5. Ability to evaluate options and to make efficient decisions.
6. Organizational skills sufficient to maintain consistently accurate records.
7. Computer skills that include proficiency with spreadsheets and use of the internet, as well as word processing, and efficient use of the internet and e-mail.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions in this job description:
1. Regularly required to stand, walk, and sit, as well as talk and hear.
2. Required to use hands to operate office equipment.
3. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
4. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus
Covid-19 Notice: Effective November 8, 2021, all positions at OI Infusion Services will require documented proof of the COVID-19 vaccination. New employees will be required to provide attestation to their status with proof of vaccination upon hire. Religious and medical exemptions and reasonable accommodation shall be addressed as required by law pursuant to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's vaccination guidance.