EXTERNAL TITLE: Senior Director, Talent.
DATE: June 2022
INTERNAL TITLE: Senior Director, Talent.
Leading Talent Acquisition and Development, HRBP, Employee Relations, and Org Dev
REQUISITION CODE: XX (HR only)
REPORTS TO: CHRO
FILLED BY: (after hiring complete and file)
About Lucira Health
Lucira Health is a medical technology company focused on the development and commercialization of transformative infectious disease test kits. We have developed a testing platform that produces centralized-laboratory-accurate molecular testing in a single-use and consumer friendly test kit that is powered by two AA batteries and fits in the palm of a hand. Our LUCIRA Check It (OTC) and LUCIRA COVID-19 All-In-One Test Kit (Rx) are designed to provide a clinically relevant COVID-19 result within 30 minutes from sample collection.
As the Senior Director, Talent, this is a great opportunity to shape and the candidate and employee experience from beginning to end. In this role you will add significant value to our team, mission, and vision, and will directly impact the future success of the company.
The Senior Director, Talent, is responsible for the Talent , HRBPs, Employee Relations, and Organization Development programs. If the prospect of hands-on building and influencing is exciting to you, we can't wait to meet you.
By Partnering with Leaders and the HR team to provide operational support for Lucira's growth strategies. This leader will also run or participate in projects that impact all employees. As an HR professional, you will consult and partner with, advise, coach, negotiate, influence, innovate and challenge leaders, managers, and individual contributors on people-related issues; work in partnership with functional leaders to design, develop and drive Talent initiatives that meet strategies and scientific goals, improve the effectiveness of the organization in collaboration with the management team; and provide recommendations and outcomes that will enhance management capability and organizational performance.
- Create an exciting candidate value proposition and experience, talent acquisition team to implement recruitment initiatives delivering robust candidate pipelines that will enable the organization to reach our business objectives.
- This individual will own key relationships with executive leaders and will provide insights, guidance, and forecasting to help deliver hiring strategy and drive increased execution globally
- Lead the existing team of talented TA Leaders, Recruiters, and to empower their success and career growth.
- Grow the team as needed with exceptional recruiting professionals who have deep expertise and skills in recruiting and sourcing talent.
Talent Development/Human Resources Business Partnership
- Lead a team of three or more business partners to broker and enable performance management systems (e.g., performance appraisal, promotion process, core competencies).
- Provide support to employees, including assistance with confidential problems and issues
- Provide (directly or indirectly) training, coaching, and mentoring to managers and leaders on individual contributor track, management, and leadership skills and strategies.
- Drive adoption/consistency of HR programs, special emphasis on Diversity and Inclusions initiatives, Engagement and Change Management for client groups
- Coach and consult line managers in all issues regarding talent acquisition, talent development, organizational development, employee relations, culture, and building strong teams
- Collaborate with HR Team on cross-team initiative and programs adding value, insights, and support
- Own and drive Employee Relations, in multiple states to resolve any employee concerns according to local legislation.
- Ensure compliance with all local and federal laws pertaining to hiring and employment, and prevention and resolution of issues. Support all employee-related requests and needs.
- Manages and resolves Employee Relations (ER) issues through effective and objective investigation processes, ensuring adherence to appropriate employment laws and Lucira policies. Also, develops a prevention .
- Continue improving the programs, policies, processes associated with meeting the strategic and operational people issues of the organization.
- Develop and implement HR policies and programs, employee handbook, anti-harassment training and all other employment law and compliance related programs in order to protect the interests of the employees and the Company.
Learning and Development and Organization Development
- Build and manage the activities involved in the strategic design, preparation, delivery, and needs assessment of learning and development programs for company managers and employees.
- Personalize the L&D program to best fit the company culture and overall training appetite. This may include e-learning courses, career plans, learning sprints, onsite and offsite workshops, and more.
- Partner with People Ops to integrate any L&D systems/platforms with the HRIS system.
- Maintain budgets and relationships with vendors and consultants.
- Develop and implement effective strategies to measure and monitor employee satisfaction.
- Work closely with company leadership to define and actively promote the company culture/values and employee engagement creating an open, supportive, high-performance environment in where all are empowered and can thrive.
Other duties as assigned, nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
- Bachelor's degree; Master's degree in relevant field preferred
- 12+ years of HR experience, with 5 in a specific area of expertise, e.g., Talent , HRBPs, L&D and OD, or People Analytics)
- Preferred - experience in a publicly traded company. Nice to have: within the Life Sciences industry
- Passionate about people and culture, with an emphasis on inclusion
- A strategic thinker, inspiring leader, effective manager, and team player
- Maturity of temperament; able to render a calm stabilizing presence without compromising influence and authority.
- Lead innovation and constantly drive for results; a disruptor who thinks bigger, beyond incremental improvement.
- Experience leading direct reports and project teams
- Solid understanding of Human Resources principles, policies, and practices
- Knowledge of Federal, California, other state and local legal considerations related to Human Resources, employee relations
- Experience with HRIS, Microsoft Suite tools (including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Access and Excel), Applicant Tracking Systems and talent management/performance management application, benefits administration and compensation survey tools
Lucira Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local law.