About Lucira Health
Lucira Health is a medical technology company focused on the development and commercialization of transformative infectious disease test kits. We have developed a testing platform that produces centralized-laboratory-accurate molecular testing in a single-use and consumer-friendly test kit that is powered by two AA batteries and fits in the palm of a hand. Our LUCIRA Check It (OTC) and LUCIRA COVID-19 All-In-One Test Kit (Rx) are designed to provide a clinically relevant COVID-19 result within 30 minutes from sample collection.
The Senior Software Development Engineer will work with a cross-functional R&D team to design and develop software that interface with our test kits for infectious disease diagnostics. This position will participate in design and development activities for new products and design change implementation on existing products.
- Contribute to the writing of software requirements and ensure that requirements are testable
- Design and develop software that interface with test kits and manufacturing tools
- Implement algorithms on test kit data and R&D data for test kit firmware development
- Implement unit testing and perform code analysis to maintain code quality
- Identify and track software issues and troubleshoot bugs
- Design, code and validate software tools for use in manufacturing and product development
- Oversee software and firmware version control and coordinate software and firmware release to manufacturing
- Ensure Lucira Health's software development complies to FDA 21 CFR 820.30 (design control), IEC 62304 (Software Life Cycle), and ISO 14971 (risk management)
- Able to work both individually and in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field
- 8+ years engineering experience, preferably in a regulated medical device company
- Strong knowledge of programming in C, C++, C#, Python, and/or MATLAB.
- Experience in designing and developing software for R&D analysis, testing and manufacturing, preferably in a medical device company
- Able to understand embedded systems firmware, hardware, schematics and datasheets.
- Experience writing software interfacing with medical devices and instrumentation equipment
- Experience with version control systems (git)
- Proficiency with specifying software requirements and writing design documentation
- Experience with Visual Studio and Jira is preferred
Lucira Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local law.