- Health Information Management
- Port Townsend, WA, USA
- $21.72 - $33.90 DOE
Comprehensive Benefits Package
Health Information Management Department
Two Positions Available
As a healthcare coder, you are responsible for the analysis and interpretation of the medical record in its entirety to ensure an accurate, complete, and consistent selection of diagnoses and procedures to assure the production of quality healthcare data and accurate facility payment. The ideal candidate will have a strong grasp of ICD-10 CM/PCS and CPT coding of diagnoses and surgical procedures for all types of hospital case types. Strong communication skills will be necessary as you assist in the education of physicians and other clinicians about proper documentation practices, further specificity, resequencing, and inclusion of diagnoses or procedures when needed to more accurately reflect the acuity, severity of illness, and risk of mortality as indicated.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required
- CCS or RHIT certification preferred
- Two years' experience assigning ICD-10 CM/PCS and CPT codes in an acute care facility
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or Certified Coding Specialist-Physician (CCSP), Certified Inpatient Coder (CIC), or Certified Outpatient Coder (COC) preferred
- Successful completion of a medical coding course preferred
- Competent in the utilization of an electronic medical record, and computerized coding/abstracting systems preferred
- Experience with Computer Assisted Coding, preferred perform coding and abstracting duties to ensure accurate completion of coding for all assigned patient records preferred
1.0 FTE; 40 hours/week; Day Shift
Two positions available
- Outstanding benefits package is ranked in the top 1% of the state and includes low insurance premiums (medical, dental, prescription, and vision) for individuals and families. As well as Short Term Disability & Life/AD&D Insurance, Retirement plan, and Employee Assistance Program.
- Hands-on training
- Opportunities for advancement
Learn more about Jefferson Healthcare
This position will remain open until filled.