Guardian Healthcare has an opportunity for a Director of Communications. This is an excellent opportunity for a healthcare communications professional looking for career progression, a supportive team environment and the opportunity to positively impact the care our team members and residents. This is a new role for Guardian Healthcare and will play a key role in developing our internal and external communications plan!
The Guardian Healthcare Director of Communications designs and implements all manner of internal and external communication strategies such as working to manage public relations responses and proactive statements to media and communities, supervising and helping to create marketing campaigns, serving as a liaison with the media and directing the publication of promotional materials.
Travel will be expected for this position, with some occurring during evening and weekend hours to attend networking events and to site locations.
- Serves as the front line contact for all sites and media response using the Guardian Healthcare playbook.
- Assess and strengthen internal communication platforms to ensure reliable and consistent communication to all Guardian Healthcare caregivers.
- Strives to proactively communicate the Guardian Healthcare's mission and vision to the general public and all stakeholders. Cultivates and maintains contacts in various media outlets.
- Writes and distributes press releases and responses.
- Helps create marketing campaigns to promote new services.
- Provides internal information to employees regarding changes in the company or other helpful information.
- Supervises the work and activities of the communications staff.
- Helps with photo editing, document design according to company guidelines and manages the publication of company newsletters. Assists in designing and updating a company logo, marketing brochures or other promotional materials.
- Contributes to the company website and helps maintain it. Writes annual reports, opinion/editorial pieces for news outlets and speeches/press statements for senior managers and directors in the company.
- Participates in the design of a corporate framework for internal communications by use of the intranet.
- Participates in market research projects to measure the success of a marketing campaign. Communicates strategies and results to stakeholders.
A Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, English or a related field required; Master's degree in a communications-related field preferred. Experience working on a communications team in healthcare is preferred. Excellent oral and written communication skills and proficiency in MS Office, G-Suite, Adobe, Photoshop, and other communication and visual tools is also required. Confidentiality with sensitive company information is essential.