- West Jordan, UT, USA
- Full Time or Part Time
Paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, medical, dental, vision, FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Life, Disability, EAP, 401(k), and profit share.
Granger Medical Clinic has an immediate opening for a Full or Part Time Medical Assistant/Scribe at our West Jordan location.
Granger Medical Clinic West Jordan, Utah
Full Time or Part Time
Fast paced specialty clinic located in West Jordan, Utah is looking for an Administrative Medical Assistant. Duties will vary and include; medical transcribing/chart documentation, patient flow, insurance prior authorizations, phone triage, appointment scheduling and more. The ideal candidate will possess strong organizational skills, excellent grammar and writing skills, ability to multi-task, adapt to change and handle all patient interactions with compassion and professionalism. Working knowledge of medical terminology, previous medical field experience required. This is a great opportunity for someone with administrative office experience looking to get into a clinical setting. Trade your business attire for comfortable scrubs! Join a fast-growing specialty clinic and gain valuable knowledge and experience! You'll be working with a great team to provide our patients with a positive experience and exceptional care!
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- The ideal candidate will possess strong organizational skills, excellent grammar and writing skills, ability to multi-task, adapt to change and handle all patient interactions with compassion and professionalism.
- Excellent customer service skills able to communicate courteously and effectively to patients.
- Typing / key-boarding skills, 40 wpm.
- Basic arithmetic, computer and analytical skills.
- Must be dependable, flexible, and multi-task oriented.
- Enjoy working with people, being a team player and willing to help others with tasks.
- Must be able to read, communicate and write well in English.
- Must be able to communicate professionally both verbally and in writing with physicians, clinic staff and patients.
- Additional languages helpful.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Prepare in advance required information for patient visits.
- Greet, room and complete patient intake interview.
- Convey patient intake information to treating provider, accompany provider during patient exam.
- Accurately transcribe information into the chart as provider examines patient, discusses the treatment/plan of care.
- Precisely & efficiently order/schedule/authorize recommended treatments.
- Assist provider with educating patients on proposed treatment plan, procedure instructions and more.
- Assist provider with procedure visits as needed.
- Return patient phone calls in a timely manner, compassionately relaying information between provider & patient.
- Adequately document all patient interactions in electronic medical record.
Education and Experience:
- High School Graduate or G.E.D. equivalent
- 1-3 years of experience in an office setting or medical field is preferred
- Scribe experience is a plus
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Sedentary work, requiring lifting up to 10lbs
- Repetitive motion associated with operating a computer and other office equipment
- Inside, climate-controlled working conditions
- Paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, medical, dental, vision, FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Life, Disability, EAP, 401(k), and profit share.
Granger Medical Clinic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Granger Medical Clinic complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.