The UAS Pilot will work with a team of professionals expanding drone operations in the medical delivery and utility infrastructure inspection markets. This position will work closely with select drone manufacturers and bring cutting-edge UAS aircraft and artificial intelligence products to the market. The UAS Pilot will work alongside a team of experienced aviation industry professionals and will be responsible for executing UAS flights using the industries most advanced platforms and technologies and delivering unparalleled services to Spright customers across the US. This position is based out of our Gilbert, AZ headquarters, but will require frequent (up to 75%) nationwide travel to support our projects and clients across the US.
Education & experience
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and 2-5 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Previous military UAS experience preferred.
- Previous experience working for Part 135 operator preferred.
- Minimum of 50 logged hours as remote pilot-in-command (RPIC) within Industry and at least 100 logged hours of overall RPIC experience.
- Experience with one or more of the following: ArduPilot, Mission Planner, or QGround Control.
- Maintains positive interpersonal relationships with colleagues, customers, and the public; and strives to maintain a friendly and professional working environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365 Suite, including Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and
- Familiar with Google Earth, ArcGIS and other flight planning or mapping tools.
Required certificates, licenses, registrations
- Valid Driver's license.
- FAA Remote Pilot
- May not possess any physical or mental condition that would interfere with the safe operation of a small UAS.
Preferred certificates, licenses, registrations
- FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit.
- FAA Private or Commercial Pilot
- Second Class FAA Medical
This position is subject to drug and/or alcohol testing under a non-DOT/FAA program (pre-employment, random, reasonable cause/suspicion, post-accident).
Spright is a leading uncrewed aerial systems (UAS) service provider, offering streamlined and sustainable solutions to overcome the everyday challenges of inefficient ground operations. Applying groundbreaking technology and an innovative service model, we provide (UAS) end-to-end solutions that are revolutionizing healthcare delivery and utility inspections. Spright is based in Gilbert, Arizona and is a division of Air Methods Corporation. Learn more at www.sprightuas.com.