- Proposal Positions
- PP, KHM
- Regular Full -Time
About Corus: Corus International is the parent of a family of world-class organizations working to deliver the holistic, lasting solutions needed to end extreme poverty once and for all. We are a global leader in international development, with 150 years of combined experience across our brands. Our nonprofit and for-profit subsidiaries include IMA World Health and its fundraising brand Corus World Health, Lutheran World Relief, CGA Technologies, Ground Up Investing, and Farmers Market Brands. Our more than 500 employees around the globe are experts in their fields and dedicated to helping the world's most vulnerable people break the cycle of poverty and lead healthy lives. Further details about the organization can be found at: https://corusinternational.org
Today, IMA offers extensive expertise in managing and implementing highly successful and complex donor-funded programs in nutrition, maternal and child health, health systems strengthening (HSS), malaria, HIV/AIDS, sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV), and neglected tropical diseases (NTDs).
About the Job: IMA World Health is seeking a Data for Decision-making Specialist to support the anticipated USAID-funded Cambodia Enhancing Quality of Healthcare Activity II (EQHA II). EQHA II is a five-year health systems strengthening activity to improve the capacity of both public and private health systems in Cambodia to provide high quality priority health services, including maternal and child health, and infectious diseases.
The Data for Decision-making Specialist will be responsible for supporting the Ministry of Health, specifically the Department for Planning and Health Information (DPHI) to manage and analyze data and applying the data for evidence-based decision-making. The position will be based in Phnom Penh. Actual hiring is contingent upon signed agreement and USAID approval. Cambodian nationals are highly encouraged to apply.
- Facilitate effective use of data for policy analysis and implementation
- Improve government health programs outcomes by strengthening data quality, data management, reporting and analysis at the national and subnational levels..
- Provide guidance and support to Ministry of Health employees on data collection, management, analysis, visualization and use.
- Work with Ministry of Health personnel to create action plans for implementing health interventions based on the health data.
- Identify areas for improvement in the Ministry of Health's decision-making process, and work to improve the processes, in coordination with the Quality Improvement Advisor and Human Resources for Health Advisor.
- Support the development of dashboards and other data visualization tools for use by the Ministry of Health.
- Strengthen the government's capacity to effectively manage their health management information systems to provide program accountability, oversight and management.
- Work collaboratively with the EQHA II project team to assure proper technical reporting, spending, and compliance.
- Master's degree in public health, data science, statistics, bioinformatics, or related field.
- At seven years of experience in data analysis and implementing data for decision-making activities on donor-funded projects.
- Experience with training and capacity development of governmental partners on data for decision-making at national or sub-national levels.
- A thorough understanding of the data landscape in Cambodia.
- Understanding and knowledge of the management of statistical databases, systems design, and the production of statistical data in all phases of the data lifecycle;
- Experience with data collection and analysis in developmental or humanitarian contexts;
- Experience with health management information systems, including DHIS2, highly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; high degree of political savvy in interacting with senior government and civil society stakeholders.
- Excellent facilitation and training skills.
- Excellent English interpersonal, oral and written communications skills. Conversational in Khmer a plus.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!