Core Dialysis is a premiere organization that provides high quality acute dialysis services while simultaneously supporting efforts to maximize access and manage cost. Homegrown in Houston, Texas, this company distinguishes itself from competitors with clinical expertise throughout company ranks, exemplary professionalism, and unparalleled client satisfaction. Core Dialysis proudly serves multiple long-term acute care facilities and acute care hospitals throughout Texas, and we have an excellent clinical and managerial track record. Core Dialysis provides services in Houston, Austin, San Antonio, and The Valley. We are currently expanding all services throughout the U.S. and internationally.
Core is looking for a Registered Nurse to provide acute dialysis treatment in the San Antonio, TX area by Live Oak, on an as-needed basis. This RN will provide dialysis treatment to patients in various healthcare settings, such as hospitals, acute care, long-term care and rehabilitation facilities. The RN will follow the nursing process to ensure that each patient's needs are met.
- This is a PRN position.
- Coverage can be needed at any time Monday through Friday, during weekends, and/or on holidays.
- Notice is typically given 12-24 hours prior to the shift.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Applies assessment, planning, implementation/intervention, and evaluation processes to meet individual patient and facility needs.
- Follows all patient-specific and facility level policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Provides safe and effective treatment in compliance with the standards outlined in the Core Dialysis Policy and Procedure Manual, as well as regulations set forth by the state and federal agencies.
- Serves as an educational resource for the patient and family regarding treatment, disease processes, access care, diet, infection control, treatment processes, and other topics as needed.
- Maintains consistent and confidential documentation of all pertinent data, assessments, care plans and evaluations in the patient's medical record according to the healthcare facility's policies and procedures.
- Accurately and efficiently prepares, administers, and documents all prescribed medications.
- Ensures that all medication processes comply with all applicable regulatory standards and statutes.
- Communicates effectively and in a timely manner with the healthcare facility's staff and other Core staff to ensure that all treatment processes are consistent with the patient's needs.
- Mobilizes appropriate resources to best meet those needs.
- Rotates with other Core staff to ensure coverage for on-call shifts.
- Current RN license in the state of Texas.
- Current CPR certification (must be certified by American Heart Association).
- At least 1 year of experience working on the floor as an RN.
- Reliable transportation to and from scheduled shifts.
- Ability to speak, read, write, and understand English - bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Flexibility and availability to work at least 2 shifts per month.
- Ability to complete physical tasks including, but not limited to, repositioning the patient, lifting and carrying supplies, lifting and handling equipment, bending over, reaching, and responding to any emergency situation that may arise during the treatment or in the healthcare facility where you are.
- COVID-19: Core Dialysis adheres to the guidelines set forth by the CDC and the state of Texas with regard to preventing the spread of the COVID-19 virus and its variants. While Core does not require employees to be vaccinated, the healthcare facilities we service do. Therefore, you must be able to provide proof of vaccination, or of a qualified religious or medical exemption, before you can begin working.
Pay and Benefits
- You'll be paid a flat rate for each treatment you perform. Dialysis treatments typically last about 4 hours, and you will receive the full rate even if you finish in less time.
- Tandem treatments are paid at the full rate for the first treatment + half rate for the additional treatment.
- Additional compensation for on-call shifts, treatment schedule delays outside of your control, and mileage reimbursement.
- A dialysis assistant will take care of the pre- and post-dialysis tasks so that you can concentrate on performing the treatment and providing the highest quality of care to the patient.
- 401K matching (up to 3%)
Core Dialysis is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.