- McAllen, TX, USA
- Full Time
Full time benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, 401k
Core Dialysis is a premiere organization that provides high quality acute dialysis services while simultaneously supporting efforts to maximize access and manage cost. Homegrown in Houston, Texas, this company distinguishes itself from competitors with clinical expertise throughout company ranks, exemplary professionalism, and unparalleled client satisfaction. Core Dialysis proudly serves multiple long-term acute care facilities and acute care hospitals throughout Texas, and we have an excellent clinical and managerial track record. Core Dialysis provides services in Houston, Austin, San Antonio, and The Valley. We are currently expanding all services throughout the U.S. and internationally.
Repairs and maintains water systems and dialysis equipment to ensure safety of patients and staff. Performs all repair and maintenance activities according to facility policies and procedures, manufacturer's documentation, industry standards and local, state and federal regulatory requirements. Assists with cleaning duties as assigned.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the direction of the Bio Med Manager, performs repair and maintenance activities on water treatment equipment, dialysis equipment, ancillary equipment, and test equipment, as recommended by the manufacturer and in compliance with company policies and procedures, industry standards and local, state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Documents all repair and maintenance activity/repairs per applicable policies and/or procedures.
- Performs water/dialysate sample collection and processing per applicable policies and procedures.
- Performs and ensures water treatment equipment disinfection following applicable policies and procedures.
- Actively supports and participates in the Quality Assessment and Process Improvement (QAPI) process.
- Transports equipment and supplies as needed.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external vendors and internal colleagues.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up on issues in a timely manner.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
A. Education: Biomedical Certification or eligible to be certified within six months of hire.
B. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is mainly performed in a clean office or medical facility with generally low noise levels. The individual is exposed to various illnesses and diseases, with some possible exposure to bodily fluids, blood borne and airborne diseases, viruses, communicable diseases, etc. Must follow all safety and security procedures. Occasionally works near moving machinery parts, such as floor cleaning or waxing/buffing equipment, and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and toxic or caustic chemicals; the individual is subject to a risk of electric shock.
C. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the essential functions of this job the employee will consistently sit, walk, stand, use hands and arms, talk, see and hear. The employee may also be required to lift up to 10 lbs.
D. COVID-19: Core Dialysis adheres to the guidelines set forth by the CDC and the state of Texas with regard to preventing the spread of the COVID-19 virus and its variants. While Core does not require employees to be vaccinated, the healthcare facilities we service do. Therefore, you must be able to provide proof of vaccination, or of a qualified religious or medical exemption, before you can begin working.