- 19-Oct-2021 to Until Filled (EST)
- Coastal 365
- East Providence, RI, USA
- Full Time
Coastal Medical offers a full compensation package including paid holidays, earned time, 401K match and health and life insurance benefits.
Medical Assistant - Coastal 365
The Company: A member of the Lifespan health system, Coastal Medical is Rhode Island's largest physician governed medical group, whose primary goal is to offer patients better health and better care with minimal cost to patients. An equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Coastal employs over 600 professionals in a variety of roles.
- Coastal Medical offers competitive wages and values work/life balance.
- Our comprehensive benefit package includes health, dental & vision benefits, a free life insurance policy, earned time, paid holidays and 401K match.
- Employee input is essential to our operations. All employees are encouraged to join and participate in committees, trainings and workgroups.
- Lifespan has joined other healthcare leaders and systems around the country in requiring all employees, regardless of their role, to be vaccinated against COVID-19. In addition, the Rhode Island Department of Health has now issued a new emergency regulation requiring all healthcare workers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- All new employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and receive their flu vaccination upon hire.
The Position: We are currently in search of a Medical Assistant for our Coastal 365 office. The Medical Assistant's main responsibility includes assisting the providers in providing high-quality patient care, while exhibiting strong customer service skills to our patients and visitors of the Coastal 365 office.
- This is an hourly, full time position with a schedule of 40 weekly hours.
- This location is at our Coastal 365 office in East Providence, RI.
- The schedule consists of a non-standard, later shift such as 10:00 am to 7:00 pm, 11:00 am to 8:00 pm or noon to 9:00 pm.
- Schedules may also include weekend and holiday rotations.
- Employee parking is provided.
- Assists with direct patient care procedures and related tasks such as: obtaining patient histories and vital signs, verifying medication lists, lab tracking, preparing charts and pre-visit planning
- Performs routine specialized procedures such as: EKGs, rapid strep, urine dips, spirometry, nebulizer treatments, etc.
- Educates and advises patients on specified medical issues within established parameters
- Works quality reports to ensure gaps of care are closed and to maintain consistent quality scores
- Administers injections including vaccines and medications
- Schedules, coordinates, and tracks STAT patient referrals and pre-authorizations
- Practices safety, environmental and/or infection control methods
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Medical Assistant Certification or at least 1 year of prior MA experience
- Previous experience using an EMR or EHR; eCW highly desired
- Experience planting PPD's and giving injections preferred
Why You Should Apply:
- We operate in a collaborative environment and strongly encourage and promote employee growth and development.
- Coastal offers a wide range of training opportunities including our own Leadership Academies as well as other well-known programs such as Crucial Conversations and Clifton Strengths.
Check out what's happening at Coastal!
Coastal Medical Imaging Employee Recognized for "Going the Extra Mile"
Coastal Medical Joins Lifespan