- Wasilla, AK, USA
- Base + Bonus
- Full Time
Health, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance, PTO, Paid Holidays, 401k, RVU Bonuses,
Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner
Location: Wasilla, Alaska
Schedule: Full-time Monday-Thursday 7:30am-5:pm and Friday 7:30am-12:30pm. Generally, do not work weekends, holidays, or evening hours.
Salary: $110,000.00 - $130,000.00 / year plus generous RVU Bonus
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, life
- 401k & matching
Algone Interventional Pain Clinic in Wasilla, Alaska- We are expanding our staff and we are currently looking for a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner. Our team has made a positive difference in the lives of our patients by providing exceptional pain care. As a provider in our clinic each day you will improve the lives of patients suffering from pain through the use of medical evaluation, treatment, and management strategies. These strategies include but are limited to the use of medication management, interventional pain procedures, and pain psychology.
Minimal call coverage is expected. We have an incredibly responsive support staff to improve patient satisfaction and assist you in all phases of patient care. There is great potential to expand your skill set by adding injection techniques used for pain management.
Physician's Assistant / Nurse Practitioner Job Duties:
- Responsible for diagnosing, developing, and implementing a plan of care for patients presenting to the clinic.
- Performing physical examinations and obtaining, updating, and recording medical histories.
- Completes appropriate documentation of all evaluations, care, and services rendered in the electronic medical record.
- Makes appropriate referrals for consultations.
- Provides counseling and patient education for recommended interventional procedures to patients and families.
- Responds to telephone inquiries of patients in a timely manner.
- Communicates with referring or primary care physicians regarding patient care and treatment.
- Orders and interprets diagnostic test results.
- Prescribes medications and therapies as appropriate.
Educational Requirements as a Nurse Practitioner / Physician's Assistant
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program or Nurse Practitioner program
- Physician Assistant National Certifying Examination certification or Nurse Practitioner exam.
- Must be current with continuing medical education requirements.
Occupational Experience as a Physician's Assistant / Nurse Practitioner Personal Attributes:
The employee must be competent in the interpretation of a patient's self-report or behavior and this information must be interpreted with an understanding of the cognitive, physical, emotional, and chronological effects of pain. The treatment of patients should be individualized and should reflect an understanding of the medical needs and range of treatment needs for each patient.
- Two to three years of previous experience as a PA or NP is preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with patients, providers, and other clinic staff.
- Possesses knowledge of medical terminology and the ability to document appropriately in the electronic medical records.
- Knowledge of appropriate medical advice to offer patients and of the legal implications involved.