WHY CHOOSE TO JOIN CMA?
WE VALUE OUR TEAM!
When you come to work for Cayuga Medical Associates, you join a multidisciplinary physician group with more than 22 specialties located in Tompkins, Cortland, and Schuyler Counties. Our commitment to service excellence sets us apart. Our Cornerstones: Patient-Centered Excellence, Teamwork, Safety, Respect, and Professionalism, guide us as we provide care for our community.
As a part of those Cornerstones, it's very important to us that we create a work environment where people feel welcomed, comfortable, valued for what they bring to the organization, and recognized for their contributions. It goes beyond salary and benefits. We work hard to develop an environment and culture that attracts top-quality talent. That is what sets Cayuga Medical Associates apart.
- We offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package including a sign-on bonus* for eligible positions, as well as liberal paid time-off
- Our full-time and our benefited part-time employees receive the same benefits package (paid time-off benefits are prorated for part-timers)
- Health insurance coverage becomes effective within four weeks of your start date.
- PTO is available to use immediately!
- Tuition reimbursement is available for career-related education.
Cayuga Medical Associates is recruiting for an Administrative Assistant for their Human Resources department. The Administrative Assistant contributes to the accomplishment of Human Resources operations, practices, and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
- Helps to maintain employee and other confidential files
- Tracks and communicates due dates for provisionary reviews and online training (ex: Healthstream)
- Enters data into the HRIS system (new employee setups, etc.) and keeps the system updated
- Creates new hire packets and handouts for New Employee Orientation
- Assists with appointment scheduling as needed
- Assists new employees with benefits enrollments
- Creates and maintains various spreadsheets and tracking forms; develops internal forms as needed
- Helps with the organization of employee events such as longevity recognition, employee appreciation, etc.
- Supports the Administration office and HR department with phone coverage
- Orders supplies for the department
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent computer skills, including Word and Excel in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Skills in database management and record keeping.
- Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems promptly.
- Must be able to gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Attention to detail.
Education and Experience
- An associate' Degree or equivalent education and experience is required.
- One to two years of general business office experience, Human Resources experience preferred.
Why you should work with us?
CMA offers an agile, inclusive, and supportive culture where every employee is respected. CMA is based in beautiful Ithaca, NY where nature abounds and a strong sense of community thrives. Ithaca is home to two esteemed institutes of higher education, Ithaca College and the world-renowned Cornell University. Ithaca offers four dynamic seasons for outdoor enthusiasts and easy access to urban opportunities within a half-day drive (i.e., Rochester, Buffalo, Syracuse, Albany, New York City, Boston, and Philadelphia). CMA also offers:
- Competitive salaries
- Professional development stipends and malpractice insurance
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Optional life and disability insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Tuition assistance
- Career advancement opportunities
- Cell phone discount
- Major holidays off
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!