WHY CHOOSE TO JOIN CMA?
WE VALUE OUR TEAM!
When you come to work for Cayuga Medical Associates, you join a multidisciplinary physician group with more than 22 specialties located in Tompkins, Cortland, and Schuyler Counties. Our commitment to service excellence sets us apart. Our Cornerstones: Patient-Centered Excellence, Teamwork, Safety, Respect, and Professionalism, guide us as we provide care for our community.
As a part of those Cornerstones, it's very important to us that we create a work environment where people feel welcomed, comfortable, valued for what they bring to the organization, and recognized for their contributions. It goes beyond salary and benefits. We work hard to develop an environment and culture that attracts top-quality talent. That is what sets Cayuga Medical Associates apart.
- We offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package including a sign-on bonus* for eligible positions, as well as liberal, paid time-off
- Our full-time and our benefited part-time employees receive the same benefits package (paid time-off benefits are prorated for part-timers)
- Health insurance coverage becomes effective within four weeks of your start date.
- PTO is available to use immediately!
- Tuition reimbursement is available for career-related education.
Are you interested in the medical field but aren't sure where to start?
Have you been seeking a position that you can learn and grow in?
Are you looking for a Monday through Friday office position?
Cayuga Medical Associates currently has an opening for a Patient Services Representative in its Cayuga Immediate Care practice in Ithaca, NY. The weekday shifts will be from 12 pm-8 pm and weekend shifts will run from 8 am-4 pm.
What you'll do:
- Check in patients upon arrival
- Verify/update patient demographics
- Scan insurance cards
- Collect outstanding balances and co-pays
- Assist with additional scheduling such as labs, x-rays, procedures, or testing; send orders
- Take messages and triage phone calls
- Schedule patient appointments
- Initiate paperwork for insurance referrals and pre-authorizations
- Check outpatient and print CVS
- Responsible for daily cash out and bank deposit
- Records releases
- Monitor fax tank and scan records
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
- Excellent customer service and problem-solving ability
- Ability to think through potential solutions to issues
- Good time management and prioritization skills
- Good computer skills- Medent and Microsoft Office are utilized
- Some holidays and weekends may be required
Education and Training:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous medical office experience preferred
- College level training/education in a healthcare support field preferred
- Previous EMR use/training helpful
CMA offers an agile, inclusive, and supportive culture where every employee is respected. CMA is based in beautiful Ithaca, NY where nature abounds and a strong sense of community thrives. Ithaca is home to two esteemed institutes of higher education, Ithaca College and the world-renowned Cornell University. Ithaca offers four dynamic seasons for outdoor enthusiasts and easy access to urban opportunities within a half-day drive (i.e., Rochester, Buffalo, Syracuse, Albany, New York City, Boston, and Philadelphia). CMA also offers:
- Competitive salaries
- Professional development stipends and malpractice insurance
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Optional life and disability insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Tuition assistance
- Career advancement opportunities
- Cell phone discount
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!