- Oakdale, MN, USA
- 40609.01-62537.87 per year
- Full Time
Counselor, Life Skills
All are welcomed! People of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply!
Dependent upon qualifications
$40,609.01 - $62,537.87
Benefits eligibility includes (but not limited to):
- Generous Paid Time Off starting at 22 days (accrual basis)
- 8 holidays and 2 personal days off
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer Contribution to HSA per year
- Employee discounts such as concert tickets, home services, travel, restaurants and more!
The mission of Canvas Health is to bring hope, healing, and recovery to people's lives.
Canvas Health employs a dynamic and diverse group of professionals that reflect the many facets of our clients and provide a wide range of services to children, adolescents, adults, and families who struggle with mental health, chemical health, and domestic and sexual abuse.
A career with Canvas Health provides an opportunity to enrich your own life alongside coworkers who share a special passion for making a real difference in the lives of others. We hold ourselves and each other accountable to the highest standards in all of our service and seek demonstrated ability to provide the highest quality of professional and customer service.
Work within the child (ages 6-18) day treatment programs, planning and facilitating group skills services to clients of the program. This position works closely with the program therapists and other Life Skills Counselors and school staff to create and maintain an environment that is sensitive to the unique mental health needs of each client assisting them in learning how to manage their mental health symptoms so they are able to function at home, in school and within the community. Additional job duties include: working collaboratively with client's family, treatment team and school, as well as develop and implement behavioral strategies to intervene and decrease disruptive behaviors.
- Bachelor's degree in human services related field
- 1-2 years' experience working with severely emotionally disturbed students in an educations or treatment center
- Experience working with and/or delivering services to diverse populations
- Experience with Electronic Health Record systems
As an essential healthcare provider, Canvas Health follows all local, state, and federal guidelines regarding COVID-19 precautions.
Canvas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. Canvas Health will not discriminate against any employee or applicant based upon a person's race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, status with regard to public assistance, age, sexual or affectional orientation, familial status, ancestry, local human rights commission activity, citizenship, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other protected class.
For more opportunities, please visit the Canvas Health website! Click here!