Location: Downtown Toronto
Start date: Immediately
Experience: Electronics assemblers, fabricators, inspectors, and testers
About Able Innovations
We build dynamic robotic platforms that push the technical envelope to deliver products and services capable of transforming how healthcare is delivered. We are developing smart, robust, and well-integrated systems that are easy to use, practical, and can be delivered at a massive scale.
The needs of our healthcare system and its staff are rising at an unprecedented rate due to the aging demographic and the fallout of COVID-19. The act of transferring individuals and patients (i.e. between beds, stretchers, etc.) places a disproportionate strain on staff and resources causing injuries and inefficiencies. At Able Innovations, we are focused on automating this process of patient transfers and have a vision of one day being able to use the same technology to provide independence to anyone who today depends on assistance to be transferred.
About the position
At Able Innovations Inc. our goal is to innovate and create revolutionary technology with the purpose of providing greater independence and mobility for people with disabilities. As a new start-up, we are quickly growing and looking for new team members who are driven, passionate, and hard-working. The selected candidate will play a crucial role in product development including assembling and testing working physical prototypes. The candidate will be working collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team of engineers at various levels of experience. During the work term, you'll be exposed to the integration of mechatronic systems through hardware, firmware, and software. To succeed, the candidate must be passionate about their work with a "do whatever-it-takes attitude".
- Knowledge of safe workplace practices when working with equipment
- Soldering skills and electrical and electronic wiring skills.
- Able to read the schematics and have basic PCB knowledge.
- Knowledge of electrical and electronic components, such as transistors, diodes, relays, circuit breakers, etc.
- Problem Solving and Troubleshooting skills
- Experience in assembling electromechanical systems
- Must enjoy being hands-on
- Motivated with a strong work ethic
- Experience with the fabrication of metal components including lathes, drills, etc.
- Good knowledge of MS office suite as well as Google Docs and Google sheets.
- Build prototype PCB boards
- Conduct troubleshooting and testing on products
- Track product validation plan and progress
- Assemble prototype units and provide feedback
- Operate devices for demonstrations
- Occasionally fabricate jigs, fixtures, or parts for reworking
- Individuals with extracurricular experience (not just through coursework) demonstrating interest in engineering design or the med-tech field.
- Knowledge of C/C++, Python software programming languages.
Please submit your resume and cover letter as a single PDF document with the naming format "JMD202101_Firstname_Lastname". Feel free to include any relevant projects/portfolios.