- Jackson, MI, USA
- $13.00 - $15.00 per hour
- Part Time
Retirement, Referral Program, Free YMCA Membership
Job Title: Cook
Branch: YMCA Storer Camp
Position Type: Part-time hourly
Pay: $13-$15 per hour
Be a difference maker, with the YMCA Storer Camps, the overnight camp of the YMCA of Greater Toledo. YMCA Storer Camps is located near Jackson, MI on 1200 acres surrounding Stony Lake.
Storer is a Cause Driven community of collaborative, bold, fun, dedicated individuals, whose passion is the many children, youth and guests that we guide, teach, and provide incredible experiences in an outdoor environment. At camp, you'll find a dynamic environment and culture that is open, friendly, welcoming, and collaborative. Are you ready to be an inspiring, innovative force that prepares people for success? Their future begins now. And so does yours.
Regardless of your role with us, you'll find so many things to love when you become part of our team. There's our fun, challenging work environment. There's the awesome team and supportive organization. You'll find that everyone at YMCA Storer Camps has the same goal: to prepare people for success and inspire them to be lifelong learners. Flexible, Creative, Fun, Nurturing, Positive, Inclusive...we're not just saying it. You'll find these things being demonstrated here, every day.
Prep and cook meals for all camp attendees, prep salad bar and serve groups and families giving everyone a great dining experience.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in the daily operations of the camp food service.
- Preparation of food as requested by the shift supervisor, cook meals
- Prepare Salad Bar
- Set up food, supplies, and utensils for dining hall distribution.
- Store food and leftovers at proper temperature.
- Assist in routine sanitation of the kitchen and related equipment.
- Clean and maintain all food-preparation and storage areas.
- Wash all dishes, serving and preparation equipment, salad bar, and utensils according to regulated washing methods and temperatures.
- Assist in the preparation and packaging of food for use outside the dining hall.
- Desire to work in the food service area.
- Knowledge of food preparation and serving, storage of food, dishwashing procedures and cleaning and sanitization processes.
- First aid/CPR training
Physical Aspects of the Job:
- Ability to lift and carry 30 pounds including unloading food, carry trays of dishes, lifting supplies and equipment as needed.
- Visual ability to identify and respond to environmental hazards.
- Physical ability to operate kitchen equipment according to safe recommended methods.
- Physical mobility and endurance to perform tasks while standing for long periods of time (60 minutes or more).
- Determine cleanliness of dishes, food surfaces, and kitchen area.
Why Work At The Y?
- Future employers respect the Y
When future employers see the Y on your resume, they think of an organization with global ties that has been around for more than 100 years. We have a reputation for hiring good people who do great things.
- Every day is something new
Whenever you work or wherever you work, every day is a new adventure. One moment you'll be helping kids with homework and the next you'll be leading a big art project or games outside.
- Free Y membership
When you work for the Y, we offer you all the perks of being a Y member including access to all branches and discounts on classes, child care, and camp.
- The job is designed with your schedule in mind
Part-time and full-time positions are available, making jobs at the Y ideal for anyone!
- The best coworkers ever
Everyone that works at the Y shares a passion for making their communities a better place, especially for kids. Don't be surprised if you leave your Y with great professional experience and new friends.
Along with competitive pay, the YMCA Storer Camps/YMCA of Greater Toledo offers exceptions benefits which include the following:
- Complimentary YMCA membership for all employees. Full time employees will receive a complimentary YMCA membership for their entire family.
- A rewarding career with professional growth and advancement opportunities
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative and talented individuals.
- Full time employees are eligible to receive quality health insurance (medical, dental and vision) with affordable premiums.
- Full time employees also receive (at no cost to them) Long Term Disability and Life Insurance coverage.
- All employees are eligible to participate in the YMCA's excellent retirement fund.
The YMCA of Greater Toledo is a drug free workplace and is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!