- Huntsville, AL, USA
- Depending on Experience - $100,000 to $180,000 plus stock options
- Full Time
Paid Time Off (PTO), Medical, Dental, Paid Holidays, Vision Insurance, Retirement/401K plan with company match
X-Bow Systems is expanding and is looking to fill a new position, Systems Engineer
X-Bow Systems, Inc. (pronounced cross-bow) is launching the small satellite and solid motor revolution. Our team is redefining the process, timeline, and cost to gain suborbital and orbital space access, with X-Bow's very own launch system. In addition to our launch system, our innovative technologies are transforming the industry and we are looking for key talented individuals to join our agile team on the ground floor.
As a Systems Engineer, you will be given the opportunity to participate in multiple thrusts to make X-Bow a success, and the flexibility to focus on areas you are interested in for your personal and career growth. This position will support and shepherd the development, test, and delivery of a novel solid rocket motor. In addition, X-Bow will need support across other programs including full launch vehicle development. In addition to these opportunities, typical responsibilities for this position include:
- Systems Engineering
- Own and manage the Systems Engineering process and documentation for solid rocket motor manufacturing programs: architecture development, CONOPS development, requirements development and management, development of interface control documentation, integration and test planning.
- Plan and execute technical reviews (PDR, CDR, etc): develop entry/exit criteria, own and manage content, develop charts.
- Coordinate between technical disciplines (mechanical, electrical, automation & control, propellant chemistry, etc.) to identify and resolve technical issues as well as identify, capture, and implement opportunities.
- Provide guidance and counsel to engineering and program management leadership.
- Identify, evaluate and test Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) tools for corporate use and help implement on programs.
- Project Management Support
- Provide risk management support.
- Provide configuration management and data management support.
- Provide inputs to Integrated Master Schedule.
- Other Project Support
- Coordinating and running Integrated Product Teams (IPTs), Technical Interchange Meetings (TIMs), etc. with leadership, teammates, subcontractors, and customers.
- Opportunity to get hands-on with equipment and "turn some wrenches".
- Up to 20% travel to project location or equipment deployment.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or technical field, mechanical engineer or aerospace/propulsion engineering desired
- Excellent communication and technical writing skills, proficient in MS Office and common engineering applications
- Experience with Systems Engineering tools (requirements management, Model-Based Systems Engineering, etc.) is required. Specific experience with Innoslate is a plus
- 10+ years of experience in a related field is desired. Experience with solid rocket motor/launch vehicle development and manufacturing is a plus