- 06-Oct-2020 to Until Filled (EST)
- Lake Ridge, VA, USA
- Full Time
Westminster at Lake Ridge is home to a retirement lifestyle free from care and rich with opportunity. It's home to a charming, historic neighborhood brimming with small-town charm, set against the natural forested beauty of Northern Virginia, Our community rests on 62 acres of land that back up to the Occoquan reservoir. A few miles away, you'll find our nation's capital with a rich urban texture, pulsing with the energy, arts, historical and cultural attractions only a major city can offer.
We have a great opportunity for an Environmental Services Assistant (ESA)II (Housekeeping/Utility). This positions primary focus is event and room set up, trash removal, shampooing carpets and general overall cleanliness of our beautiful community.
Performs housekeeping duties as assigned. Cleans common areas, including the Nursing Center setting. Previous housekeeping/janitorial experience in a commercial environment preferred. This position may require heavy lifting of over 75 lbs., with long periods of standing/walking and being able to push, pull and maneuver various equipment. Ideal candidates will also have at least 1 year of commercial floor cleaning/tech experience with buffing, stripping, and waxing in a senior living or other health services environment. Ideal candidate will be a team player, self directed, able to work independently, and willing to cross train in cleaning all areas of facility. Must exhibit excellent customer service skills.
This is a Full Time position covering all shifts and every other weekend.
Overview of essential functions:
- Prolonged standing and walking required. Will need to bend and kneel to perform cleaning tasks. Hans may be in contact with cleaning chemicals. Lifting, pushing and pulling required and able to lift 70 pounds.
- Work inside, occasional outside work needed.
- Communicate with housekeeping personnel and other department personnel.
- Attend and participate in departmental in-service programs.
- May be exposed to biohazard waste.
- May be required to work weekends and holidays.
- Ability to use commercial vacuum and other cleaning equipment.
- Support the philosophy mission of WLR and Ingleside.
- Courteous and friendly with residents, visitors, and staff.
- Perform cleaning functions in assigned areas following established schedules and using standard operating procedures.
- 1. High school education desirable but not necessary.
- 2. Must be able to read, speak, and understand verbal instructions.
- 3. Ability to learn from on-the-job training and demonstrate correct use of chemicals, supplies and equipment.
- 5. Knowledge of house cleaning, infection control and universal precaution practices and maintained.
- 6. MUST be available every other weekend, both Saturday and Sunday, as necessary or as scheduled.
If you have the skills and meet the qualifications for this role we look forward to reviewing your application. Come join our Great Place to Work!
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.