- Plant Operations - North East, PA
- North East, PA, USA
- Full Time
When people think of Welch's, they think of our great tasting juice and jelly and a trusted, iconic brand. People also think we are a big company. We're not. We're a co-operative, owned by the family farmers who grow our delicious and nutritious grapes. Our work allows our farmers to maintain an agricultural way of life, send their children to college, and hand their farm down to the next generation as was done for over 150 years.
At Welch's you'll find people who are genuine and talented, and a collaborative community. We think like farmers - we're agile, we're resilient, and we're passionate about our grapes and our brand. We're real and honest people with a shared purpose. And we're building a team that's playing to win and daring to try new things.
We're looking for a Production Manager - Packaging to plan, direct, and coordinate the actions of supervisors to ensure the completion of production activities in a safe, quality-focused, and productive manner.
This position oversees the manufacture of products against budgeted KPIs in a continuous improvement based environment, utilizing leadership skills in setting the vision and strategic direction for the Spreads Business Unit consistent with the company's strategic growth plan.
What You'll Do:
- Leads and develops a group of supervisors (Packaging System Advisors) in achieving performance goals in the following areas: Safety, Quality, Cost, Continuous Improvement, and Customer Service.
- Leads the team through an emphasis on both process and people (The What and The How)
- Ensure a culture of engagement for all levels within the organization
- Builds rapport and collaborative relationships across cross-functional teams in order to achieve business unit and plant goals.
- Maintains a safe work environment and ensures operational compliance with safety absolutes
- Drives a Continuous Improvement culture through the application of Lean Manufacturing techniques. Develops and implements operations improvement plans with glide path and action planning tracking
- Partner with Supply Chain Planning to ensure optimal schedules are developed and attained.
- Develop and maintain productivity pipeline for the Spreads Business Unit
- Oversees the review of invoices, work orders, consumption reports, or demand forecasts to estimate peak delivery periods and to issue work assignments
- Supports fiscal responsibility through the review and management of operational budget items
- Performs additional related duties as assigned
What You'll Need:
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Operations Management, Engineering or Packaging Science strongly preferred. A bachelor degree in other related fields will be considered.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of people and process leadership experience in a food and beverage environment.
- Lean /Six Sigma Certification preferred Able to work a variable schedule
- Able to develop strong, direct, and honest relationships with all Welch employees.
- Able to motivate, focus, handle multitude of tasks at once. Possess strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Able to develop the communication, teamwork and continuous improvement skills of the employees in the assigned business unit
- Demonstrates problem solving approach to managing and coaching. Able to coach subordinates to solve complex problems individually and as part of a team.
- Technical skills and knowledge of packaging operations, materials and equipment.
- Ability to plan and create a high performance environment.
- Knowledge and demonstrate use of foundational tools of manufacturing excellence.
- Able to work a variable schedule
What You'll Enjoy:
- Collaborative colleagues working together to deliver results.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Robust health and paid time off benefits.
- Generous 401k plan
- Discounts on Welch's products
Welch's is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Veteran