- Plant Operations - Westfield, NY
- Westfield, NY, USA
- Full Time
We're not just about grapes. Our bold ambition is to be the leading company of convenient, good for you, fruit-based food and beverage globally. To make this happen, we need talented, agile and innovative people who want to help us grow something special together.
Our culture is authentic, and we are building an inclusive environment where you belong and can be the best version of yourself. If you're passionate about achieving goals, trying new things and making an impact every day, we want to hear from you!
We're looking for an Operations Manager to lead Welch's manufacturing and processing plant in Westfield, NY. In this role, the Operations Manager will lead and manage all Conversion, Maintenance and Distribution processes within the Plant, according to Welch's culture, in order to achieve required production volume in compliance with quality standards and in accordance with KPIs.
The Operations Manager will lead, motivate, and build a team in a collaborative environment, by conveying and driving a compelling vision, focused on a lean and continuous improving culture.
What You'll Do:
- Communicate and champion the Vision, Mission, operating principles, including lean and all strategies of Welch's, to team members and other internal/external stakeholders.
- Identifies and creates individual development plans in collaboration with direct reports to enhance future career opportunities using Organizational Performance and Human Resource tools, training, workshops and stretch assignments.
- Initiate, maintain and support a superior safety and housekeeping program, including all timely communication initiatives, and ensure all members of the manufacturing team are aligned and aware of the safety culture and guidelines
- Promote a culture of accountability and team work within the plant. Develop capabilities of frontline leadership through mentoring, training, and coaching.
- Drive improvements and optimize operations across key standardized lean methods, as well as manage and execute major initiatives across the supply chain network.
- Develop and lead the site's Strategy, including regular reviews and updates with 90 day plans.
- Ensure a 0 waste and 0 loss mindset throughout the facility.
- Work with plant leadership to develop annual operating plans, and budget, optimize resources, and ensure ongoing execution of site plans across the entire site
- Lead the planning and management of Variable, Fixed and Capital Budgets, and cash flow optimization with Finance.
- Manage the achievement of key performance indicators by tracking results versus targets for safety, quality, labor efficiency, customer satisfaction, cost/case, productivity, and cost contribution management. Make sure corrective actions are in place, and aligned with total supply chain to drive improvements.
- Ensures that behaviors, practices and the work environment support a safe workplace by enforcing safety and sanitary rules and principles
- Ensure that all plant functions are working under best possible practices and environment regarding all existing internal and external policies and procedures in respect of Welch's role within the community (i.e., safety regulations, plant security and environmental policies).
- Work with other Plant Managers and provide input into overall Supply Chain strategy.
Who You Are:
- Expertise in overseeing manufacturing operations, including production planning, production scheduling, line setup and change out, production control, and production optimization.
- Expertise in manufacturing standards and metrics (e.g., KPIs) for safety, quality, production, labor and material variances, and employee relations and retention.
- Experience engaging with customers to plan for and address product, quality, and service requirements and collaborate on service improvement opportunities.
- Expertise in forecasting, budgeting, and P&L management.
- Experience in applying Lean manufacturing concepts to reduce cost and improve productivity; experience developing and organizing continuous improvement programs; demonstrated track record of driving positive change.
- Experience in maintenance and technical programs that reinforces production operations.
- Experience in materials management, including procurement, inventory control, warehouse management, and inbound/outbound logistics.
- Experience managing capital improvement initiatives and expansion plans during ongoing operations.
- Experience in an FDA regulated environment where quality, compliance, and safety are core values.
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills; comfortable and credible with both internal stakeholders and external audiences.
- Someone who is flexible, dynamic, self-demanding and proactive; able to motivate themselves and others; a natural bias for action and ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Experience building, developing, engaging and overseeing high-performing manufacturing teams, with a track record of questioning behavioral norms and driving cultural change.
- Demonstrates Value for People and Diversity with a strong people orientation, cares about people and helps them find success.
- Organizational transformation (change management); High Performance Working Systems as a plus
- Understands the needs of the customer and consumer by using technology, data and insights.
- Makes decisions that positively impact the current and future state of the business.
- Works relentlessly to overachieve, anticipate obstacles, and creates plans to overcome them.
- Sets stretch goals and plans to achieve them.
- Develops meaningful relationships and collaborates across departments.
- Engages in healthy dialogue and makes decisions with Welch's best interest in mind.
- Continuously changes the status quo and seeks ways to improve and develop.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Technical Field. MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing leadership role with increasing responsibility in food/beverage or CPG manufacturing environments.
- Experience working with Continuous Improvement/Lean methods and tools (Total Production Maintenance, Centerlines, CIL's, Defect Handling, 5S, Quick Changeover)
What You'll Enjoy:
- Collaborative colleagues working together to deliver results.
- Flexible work schedules
- Robust health benefits, and paid time off programs
- Generous 401k plan with annual company match
- Discounts on Welch's products
Welch's believes diversity makes good business sense and we take pride in being an Equal Opportunity Employer Disability/Vets