- Plant Operations - Westfield, NY
- Westfield, NY, USA
- Full Time
When people think of Welch's, they think of our great tasting juice and jelly and a trusted, iconic brand. People also think we are a big company. We're not. We're a co-operative, owned by the family farmers who grow our delicious and nutritious grapes. Our work allows our farmers to maintain an agricultural way of life, send their children to college, and hand their farm down to the next generation as was done for over 150 years.
At Welch's you'll find people who are genuine and talented, and a collaborative community. We think like farmers - we're agile, we're resilient, and we're passionate about our grapes and our brand. We're real and honest people with a shared purpose. And we're building a team that's playing to win and daring to try new things.
We're looking for a Processing Technician to operate manufacturing equipment to produce high quality food and beverage products in a safe and effective manner. Responsible to produce documentation to verify safety, quality and production standards are met. Moves, organizes and stages ingredients, work in process and finished goods.
What You'll Do:
- Operates equipment in order to achieve department objectives.
- Observes operations and assures that schedules are being met and that quality standards are maintained. Submits reports summarizing daily production operations.
- Inspects and tests production line set-ups to insure proper operation of all equipment. Requests maintenance to equipment as required.
- Checks production equipment daily to determine that it has been cleaned properly. Responsible for the cleaning and sanitation of production facilities. Maintains acceptable levels of housekeeping and sanitation within department.
- Responsible for adherence to the Plant Safety Program and safety protocols.
- Assures that adequate quantities of production supplies and ingredients are available to meet current and planned production schedules.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who You Are:
- Willing and able to work various shifts in a 24x7 operation.
- Working conditions require moderate to frequent lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Working condition will be hot/cold environments, inside/outside working conditions, with exposure to cleaning solutions.
What You'll Need:
- A High School diploma or equivalent, with a 2-year college degree or technical training certificate strongly preferred
- Above average level of mechanical aptitude strongly preferred
- Minimum of one year of experience in a food and beverage manufacturing environment strongly preferred.
- Must be able to climb stairs, work at elevated levels and wear all required personal protective equipment.
- Solid record of safety and continuous improvement in an industrial setting.
Welch's is Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Veteran