- Department of Health, Human and Veterans Services
- Detroit, MI, USA
- Commensurate with Experience
- Full Time
Paid Time Off, Retirement, Health Benefits
The Deputy Director of the Wayne County Department of Health, Human and Veterans Services (HHVS) reports to the Department Director. The Deputy Director of HHVS provides support and shared leadership with the Division Directors under the following Departments: Public Health, Clinical Services, Access to Care, The Medical Examiner's Office, Juvenile and Youth Services and Veteran Services. The Deputy Director has the responsibility of coordinating with these Divisions the goals and objectives of the Director and the County, ensuring that they are met and serves as a member of the Departmental Executive Team, monitoring financial performance, internal administrative matters and program regulatory compliance. The Deputy Director leads the administrative processes supporting the Department and, as necessary, the Division.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implements the policies and procedures within the department and contracted agencies in congruence with County policies
- Develops and implements long-term and short-term strategic plans, objectives and goals for the Wayne County Department of Health, Human and Veterans Services
- Meets with government's agencies and private organizations serving children, youth, veterans and families
- Leads and coordinates special projects for the Department that furthers the strategic and operations goals.
- Master's degree or higher in Public Health, Health Service Administration, Public Administration, Executive Business Administration, Human or Social or a related field such as Medicine or Nursing.
- At least five (5) years of executive or eight (8) years of administrative experience in the areas of Public Health , Mental Health, Human or Social service. A strong background in strategic planning, grants and budget management is required
Salary commensurate with experience
Deadline to Apply: Until filled
Please include cover letter and resume, including salary requirements.
Wayne County is an Equal Opportunity Employer