- 15-Jul-2021 to Until Filled (EST)
- Student Development
- La Crosse, WI, USA
- Part Time
Viterbo University is looking for a Part Time Campus Safety Officer. Someone who will protect campus community members, guests, and property; prevents crime and disorder; identifies and reports safety and security hazards; and confirms that emergency equipment is in working order.
Reports to: Director of Campus Safety
Shifts: 20 hours a week. Friday and Saturday night shifts. Fill in for vacations and sick days.
This position is eligible for the tuition remission program. This allows tuition forgiveness for ongoing part-time employees who work a minimum of 20 hours per week or more throughout the 9-month academic year, their spouse, and dependent children who attend Viterbo University are eligible for tuition remission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform foot patrol in campus facilities and on campus grounds for general purposes of crime prevention and security; provide protection of university students, employees, guests and property.
- Respond to and follow up on complaints, disturbances, and or requests to prevent potentially dangerous situations from occurring on campus property.
- Investigate incidents and violations, collect evidence, interview witnesses, and write incident reports.
- Identify hazards to safety and security; report them to the Director of Campus Safety.
- Monitor surveillance system, fire alarm system, and other emergency notification systems.
- Assist in preparing administrative and operational reports and maintaining files of no contact, no trespassing, protection and restraining orders.
- Act as a liaison to outside emergency services and law enforcement agencies.
- Assist with maintaining organized and effective security operations in the Campus Safety Office, the Security Outpost Office and the Student Union Security Desk.
- Assist with supervising work-study employees assigned to the Student Union Security Desk.
- Conduct and document routine inspections of AEDs, Code Blue emergency phones, elevator emergency phones, fire extinguishers, etc.
- Carry out other responsibilities as delegated or assigned.
- Will be required to work holidays and cover vacations as needed.
High school degree or equivalent and prior experience in security field required. Must possess CPR/AED certifications at time of appointment or the ability to obtain such certifications within 6 months of appointment and maintain such certification for the duration of employment.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. A background check is required and will be conducted through the Human Resources Office.
About the University: Viterbo University is a Catholic, Franciscan, liberal arts institution with an enrollment of nearly 2000 students. The university is in scenic La Crosse, Wisconsin, which has been rated as one of the top places to live in the US. The region features an attractive cost of living, beautiful bluffs and coulees, three major rivers including the Mississippi River, world-class health care and education systems, and easy access to major cities in Wisconsin, Minnesota and Illinois.
Viterbo University is an equal opportunity employer and encourages nominations and candidacy of historically underrepresented groups
Sign Up For Job Alerts!