- MI C
- Caledonia, MI, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Flexible Spending Accounts, Vacation, Holidays, Life Insurance, 401k, Tuition Reimbursement, Fitness Center Reimbursement
This position is responsible for the development and continual improvement of processes and equipment related to the manufacture of sprinklers and valves for the fire protection industry.
- Analyze sprinkler and valve component and assembly product designs for best method of manufacture. Communicate with R&D Engineering counterparts during early phases of product development to achieve product designs capable of manufacturing.
- Manage Manufacturing Engineering projects to scope, on time and within budget requirements.
- Lead the design, development and/or improvement of manufacturing processes.
- Support the specification, quoting, purchase and runoff of capital equipment, tooling and systems required for manufacturing.
- Evaluate and estimate production time, staffing requirements and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Develop and maintain quality process documentation, including Process Flow diagrams, PFMEA's, Control Plans, Standard Work Instructions and Set-up sheets.
- Provide engineering support for plant operation. Troubleshoot daily production problems using root cause analysis methods as they occur.
- Analyze manufacturing data to establish priority of actions in assigned workcenters. Assess process capability for opportunities for improvement.
- Creates and revise equipment, tooling, and gage drawings.
- Communicate between departments to coordinate engineering activities and ensure business objectives are met.
- Manage product engineering change implementation as they are requested.
- Assists with instruction and training of employees to achieve company goals.
- Provides guidance for production workers, technicians, and interns.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent.
- High level of analytical ability. Solid problem solving skills required.
- 3-5 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Understanding of GD&T, datum dimensioning and tolerance stack-ups.
- Knowledge in CNC machining, Automation, Robotics, cellular assembly, CAD tools, Materials, and LEAN manufacturing concepts.
- Prefer knowledge of castings, screw machine, and stampings.
- Demonstrated strong project management, communication and leadership skills.
- Proficiency in SolidWorks. Experience with ProE, and/or Autocad a plus.