- 20-Apr-2021 to Until Filled (CST)
- University City, MO, USA
- $16.43 - $25.94
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Annual/ Sick leave
The employee is responsible for greeting the public and ensuring that their inquiries, issues and concerns are handled through to completion. Employee provides administrative support to senior executive and professional staff. Employee handles varied office duties including, creating memos/reports, following-up and following-through on phone calls, in-person visits, complaints, correspondence and inquiries, independently and from instruction. Must be organized and have ability to work in demanding, fast-paced challenging environment. Sense of creativity, initiative, and passion to consistently exceed requirements and expectations highly desired.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are normal for this classification. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Maintain and tracks files.
- Handle customer service issues including screening calls and visitors, answering and following up on inquiries, requests and concerns from customers.
- Responsible for following-up and following-through on all assignments.
- Compiles reports independently and tracks the receipt of various reports from professional staff.
- Checks requisitions, vouchers, payments requests, and bids for mathematical and typographical errors.
- Significant data entry required and developing written materials from copies, rough drafts, or other sources.
- Immediately alerts supervisor and/or staff member of discrepancies and problems with assignments.
- Follows established office procedures to issue department licenses, permits, and receipts.
- Prepares spreadsheets, database inquiries, maintains records as requested by staff.
- Checks documentation for grammar, spelling and adherence to departmental and/or City requirements, prior to submitting to the staff member with little or no incidence of errors or inaccuracy in work.
- Prepares and compiles forms, reports, personnel records, bills, invoices, or other material which includes gathering data from appropriate sources, classifying and arranging data in proper format and completing all administrative requirements accurately.
- Develops system for electronically updating and retrieving departmental files, policies, reports, publications, etc.
- Schedule meetings.
- Handle travel arrangements
- Organizes office, order supplies and equipment.
- Handles mail
- Performs other related work as required
Minimum Training and Experience Required to Perform Essential Job Functions
- Graduation from high school, preferably supplemented by additional education.
- 3 years customer service environment.
- Type 50 WPM
- Proficient with MS Office
Physical Abilities Required to Perform Essential Job Functions
- The office environment is typical with no unusual requirements. Some travel between locations is required. Occasional outdoor situations with extreme temperatures.