- 19-Mar-2021 to Until Filled (CST)
- University City, MO, USA
- $10.42 - $11.49
The purpose of this part-time position is to work the cashier desk operations of the Heman Park Pool. The Cashier position will be expected to complete routine matters, assignments and public contact work in a fast-paced, demanding and challenging environment. Other responsibilities include providing recommendations to management and decision makers for pool operations and handling unusual problems. Work is performed under the direction of the Recreation Supervisor Facilities and indirectly to the Deputy Director of Recreation.
- Greet all customers and assist them with a pleasant demeanor.
- Assist patrons by being knowledgeable in all aspects of pool facilities, programs and events.
- Responsible for enforcement of rules and regulation of the pool.
- Receives the public and answers questions; responds to inquiries and communicates openly with patrons and staff in a friendly, professional manner.
- Operate recreation software and regular office equipment in an effective manner
- Follows established cash handling procedures; balancing all transactions at the end of each shift and preparing individual deposits.
- Responds to routine inquiries regarding pool procedures and policies.
- Performs other duties as required and/or assigned.
- Minimum of 18 years of age.
- Minimum of one-year experience in customer service and/or cash handling required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to operate a computer using a Point of Sales System for all concession sales.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to maintain exceptionally courteous and customer-service oriented performance;
- Special ability to work as a team member, and to foster a team-work environment.
- Ability to work a combination of early mornings, days, evening, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to make work decisions, and exercise initiative and judgment in carrying out work assignments.
- Ability to prepare and maintain departmental records of considerable complexity and to prepare reports/forms from such records.
- Ability to communicate effectively and establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the public.
- Ability to be accurate and precise in written and verbal communications.
- Possess an eye for details and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to cope with frequent interruptions and adapt to current needs in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to quickly and accurately follow complex oral and written instructions.
- Sense of creativity, initiative, and desire to consistently exceed requirements and expectations.