- 18-Feb-2021 to Until Filled (CST)
- University City, MO, USA
- $10.42 - $11.48
- Part Time
The purpose of this permanent part-time position is to work the control desk operations of Centennial Commons and the Heman Park Pool. The Control Desk Associate position will be expected to complete routine matters, assignments, and public contact work in a fast-paced, demanding, and challenging environment. Other responsibilities include providing recommendations to management and decision makers for recreation center and pool operations and handling unusual problems. Work is performed under the direction of the Recreation Supervisor Facilities and indirectly to the Deputy Director of Recreation.
- Responsible for membership sales, program registration, minimal facility reservations.
- Assist patrons by being knowledgeable in all aspects of division facilities, programs, and events
- Responsible for enforcement of rules and regulation of all facilities.
- Receives the public and answers questions; responds to inquiries and communicates openly with patrons and staff in a friendly, professional manner.
- Operate recreation software and regular office equipment in an effective manner
- Follows established cash handling procedures, balancing all transactions at the end of each shift, and preparing individual deposits.
- Prepares and compiles forms, reports, manuals, personnel records, bills, invoices, or other material which includes gathering data from appropriate sources, classifying, and arranging data in proper format and completing all administrative requirements accurately.
- Assists with the installation of new programs, systems, procedures, and methods of operation.
- Assists in the design and revision of forms.
- Screens visitors and phone calls.
- Independently initiates, answers, and follows-up on correspondence and inquiries.
- Prepares and/or maintains spreadsheets, reports, presentations, databases, complex records, and files essential to assigned tasks.
- Responds to routine inquiries regarding departmental procedures and policies.
- Performs other duties as required and/or assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Two years progressively responsible office/clerical experience and graduation from high school.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MICROSOFT Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated knowledge of RecTrac preferred.