- 19-Aug-2020 to Until Filled (CST)
- University City, MO, USA
- $12.13 - $18.81
- Part Time
The Parking Controller/Attendant is responsible for issuing parking tickets for violations through walking or driving a vehicle, performing school traffic guard duties when needed, and other administrative duties as assigned. This position reports directly to the Commander of B.O.S. or the Commander of B.F.O. when directed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are normal for this classification. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Issue tickets for parking violations using parking control hardware and software, or manually if necessary.
- Perform school crossing guard duties when needed.
- Perform deliveries when needed and other administrative tasks.
- Assist with traffic control and other non- criminal related activities when an officer is not available.
- Regular, reliable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Various different shifts to be assigned
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Police Department operating rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of the geography of University City.
- Knowledge of all regulations and ordinances pertaining to parking.
- Ability to learn the functions and operate the parking control hardware and software.
- Ability to operate a vehicle safely.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
Minimum Training and Experience Required to Perform Essential Job Functions
High School diploma or equivalent. Most possess a valid Missouri Operator's License and no criminal history
The City of University City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.