- 29-Jul-2022 to 28-Aug-2022 (CST)
- TCGI - ANC
- Tyonek, AK, USA
- Part Time
Responsible for all aspects of new build construction, renovations, and improvements.
- Lay out by measuring, marking and arranging materials with building codes in mind
- Use hand and power tools and fasteners
- Required to double check the accuracy of your work using levels and surveying tools
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment
- Installs commercial doors and hardware
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be a Local Union Journeyman Level Carpenter (unless hired on as an Apprentice)
- Experience in coordinating with other trades
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools necessary to accomplish assigned work
- Knowledge of mathematical, technical and critical thinking skills
- Must understand math functions and calculations involving fractions
- Must know how to read and interpret blueprints
- Be available to work a flexible work schedule, including days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to accurately measure, cut and install a wide variety of appearance-grade materials
- We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform post offer, pre-employment substance abuse testing
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for certain periods throughout the day
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands, working at heights with fall protection devices
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds and carry for short distances
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear
- May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, fork lift, etc.
EQUAL OPPURTUNITY EMPLOYER/VEVRAA/ADA
TNC and its subsidiaries fall under ANCSA and are entitled under Federal Law to extend hiring preferences to its shareholders. ANCSA provides TNC the authority to give shareholder preference in hiring. TNC reaffirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Tyonek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and a VEVRAA governed Federal Contractor who affords equal employment opportunity to protected veterans and people with disabilities. TNC provides all employees and job applicants' equal employment opportunities in hiring and promotion without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, religion, color, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, national origin or any other reason prohibited by law.