- 25-Jul-2022 to Until Filled (EST)
- Cocoa, FL, USA
- Full Time
Health, dental, vision, life, short term disability, long term disability insurances, 401k plan, select holidays, and PTO.
Job Description: Refurb Technician NEXRAD
Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager and Subcontractor Manager for the NOAA NEXRAD WRAPR-RA133W-18-CQ-0019 Contract.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform duties for acceptance, disassembly, reassembly, testing and shipping for the WSR-88D Radars at NOAA facilities worldwide.
- Assist the Subcontractor Manager and TSS Refurb Technicians team as required.
- Perform work in accordance with all safety and standard guidelines.
- Work with the Subcontractor Manager and team for the safe lifting of pedestals and cradles in the Refurb facility.
- Lift experience and rigging for pedestals and cradles (up to 30,000 lbs.)
- Experience working with hand tools (Drills, torque wrenches, electronic testing, overhead cranes, scissor lifts etc.)
- Forklift Operator/ Scissor Lift, Overhead Crane operation experience
- Adhere to all Environmental, Health and Safety standards.
- Working at heights (up to 50 feet)
This position reports directly to the Program Manager with input from the Refurb Manager.
Competency or position requirements
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication Proficiency
Quality and quantity standards
At least three years' experience as a technician. Ensures completeness and quality standards are achieved.
Education and Experience
- Associates degree preferred
- Five years of related technical experience.
- US Citizen.
- At least three years as a technician with demonstrated experience in installation and maintenance of electrical, radar, cellular or related technologies.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office products for report creation and updating.
- Knowledge of production planning processes and relation to support team to achieve maximum productivity.
- OSHA 10 certification or ability to certify within 90 days.
- First Aid CPR AED certification or ability to certify within 90 days.
- Valid Driver's License
This position requires working at heights (50'+) in a warehouse setting.
There is minimum travel required with this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.