- 08-Jun-2022 to Until Filled (CST)
- Tomball, TX, USA
- Full Time
The City of Tomball is accepting applications for the position of City Engineer. This position will, under general direction, manage and direct the Engineering Division of Community Development. They will serve as lead for all support in utilities, subdivision plats, and review of survey and site plans and provide support to Public Works with implementation of the City's Capital Improvement Program. This position will serve as a liaison to development professionals in regards to engineering matters and must have effective interpersonal skills and possess the ability to deliver exceptional customer service.
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering or related field is required
- Must be registered as a professional Engineer in Texas
- Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM) is preferred
- Five years of professional engineering experience, and five years of project management and supervisory experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Ability to read and interpret site plans, engineering drawings, surveys and plats
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Valid Texas driver's license with acceptable driving record
- Must be able to work immediately before, during and/or immediately after an emergency
- Hiring range: $88,365 - $92,783
- Salary range: $88,365 - $119,553
Salary is dependent on qualifications and certifications.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement - The City of Tomball does not discriminate on the basis of Race, Color, National Origin, Sex, Religion, Age or Disability in employment or the provision of services.