- New York, NY, USA
The Residential Aide assists clients and guests, ensuring that their requests are met. They coordinate the non-clinical needs of families and guests, by greeting, managing, maintaining security, and coordinating the operations of the client care team. The Residential Aide orients clients to the program and engages clients in services, protects client rights, promotes client and coworker safety and clarifies facility rules.
LOCATION: New York
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that provisions of mandated services to residents are met daily.
- Document all families, staff and visitors entering and exiting the facility in daily log.
- Facilitate resident new admissions and move outs.
- Coordinate the non-clinical needs of families and guests, by greeting, managing, maintaining security, and coordinating the operations to ensure guest requests are being met.
- Oversee client participation in daily program activities and provide optimal customer service.
- Support all resident scheduled services or activities and ensure that all are successfully delivered.
- Ensures that all clients' external appointments are kept, and efficient program activities are coordinated.
- Complete routine resident and facility checks to ensure that guests are not at risk and that the facility is free of potential hazards (leaks, fire, destruction of property, etc.).
- Facilitate room check and hourly rounds.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned to ensure continuous operations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a housing or shelter program.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Bilingual in English and one of the following languages preferred. (Spanish, French or Arabic).
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively, multi-task, and determine priorities.
- Proficient presentation skills as well as oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in utilizing Microsoft Excel™, Power Point™, Word™, and Outlook 360™
- Flexibility is required due to potential shift changes based on operational needs.
- Ability to work flexible hours to support 24/7/365 shelter operations.
The Workforce Group (WFG) is a Great Place to Work®-Certified company. We are a team of dedicated professionals that pull together to meet the needs of communities partnering with federal, state, and local governments.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $20.00 - $25.00 per hour
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Overnight shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- New York State: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- Overnight Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: In person