- 30-Apr-2021 to Until Filled (EST)
- Tallahassee, FL, USA
- Full Time
The McConnell Group (TMG) is a health science company that provides a comprehensive selection of professional and technical services and product design to enhance the success of companies in a rapidly changing market. We are a fast-growing company and always looking for professional individuals to join our diverse and talented team of employees. Currently we have an opening for a full-time Clinical Laboratory Manager to oversee the daily Lab operations of a CLIA certified Lab in Tallahassee, Florida. The Lab Manager will spearhead lab daily operations and ensure the pace of work and all deliverables related to lab production and outcomes are met.
We are seeking a skilled and dedicated Clinical Lab Manager with extensive clinical lab experience in Molecular Microbiology to lead a team of Medical Lab Technologists & Lab Technician Staff in preparing, performing testing, analysis, and reporting of laboratory test results. This role will have access to administrative resources, technical support from Thermo Fisher, and the overarching University(Florida A&M). Currently, this location primarily performs PCR COVID-19 testing and laboratory experience in molecular infectious disease testing is required This position is responsible for complex laboratory procedures and has authority over testing personnel. This classification requires extensive knowledge of science and laboratory procedures, specialized molecular diagnostic laboratory tests, and medical terminology to perform specialized medical laboratory diagnostic tests.
Role and Responsibilities
- Management of testing personnel following established standard operating procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analysis.
- Providing orientation and training to all testing personnel.
- Ability to be accessible to testing personnel at all times testing is performed to provide on-site, telephone or electronic consultation to resolve technical problems.
- Ensure important day to day activities are monitored and managed while clearly communicating the daily priorities and goals to all staff.
- Responsible for monitoring test analyses and specimen examinations to ensure that acceptable levels of analytic performance are maintained.
- Assure that all remedial actions are taken whenever test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications.
- Oversee quality assurance and quality control activities in their section, ensuring that the laboratory meets the requirement of regulatory agencies.
- Ensure all test results are not reported until all corrective actions have been taken and the test system is properly functioning.
- Perform testing when routine testing personnel are not able to meet capacity and turn-around times.
- Manage personnel resources, schedules, overtime, and vacation time, in addition to performance, to ensure timely turnaround of product while effectively managing material resources.
- Support purchasing and assist in inventory management of consumables.
- Ensure the implementation of HIPAA requirements for the protection of health information and personal identifying information.
- Ensures that all group members adhere to quality control policies and documents all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations, reagent preparation and testing, and instrument maintenance performed.
- Identifies problems that may adversely affect test performance and notifies key individuals.
- Detects when test performance is not within acceptable levels and documents all corrective action.
- Must hold active license and qualify to be a supervisor in a CLIA laboratory.
Candidates must meet 1 of these 3 combinations:
- PhD in a chemical, physical or biological science + 2 years of experience in a CLIA accredited clinical laboratory in molecular.
- Master's degree in a chemical, physical or biological science + 3 years of experience in a CLIA accredited clinical laboratory, 2 of which must be in molecular.
- Medical technologist or BA degree in chemical, physical or biological sciences + 4 years of experience in a CLIA accredited clinical laboratory, 2 of which must be in molecular.
TMG offers competitive pay and benefits packages including health insurance; paid holiday, vacation, and Paid Time Off (PTO); Education Assistance Plan (EAP); and 401(k)
The McConnell Group is an equal opportunity employer EOE M/F/Disabled/Vet