- Canmore, AB, CAN
- 17.75+ Tips
- Full Time
Free staff meals, rental discounts, gym membership and a free hot yoga pass.
The Rocky Mountain Bagel Company is looking for an Evening Baker to join our bagel family! The person we are looking for has a great attitude, is creative, energetic, has a passion for baking and wants to be part of our growing business. The ideal candidate must be self- motivated, enjoys the instant gratification of hard work turned into a beautiful product & enjoys working both alone and with a team.
This position contributes to the Bagel Co's success by providing quality products, maintaining a clean and comfortable environment, and embraces our company cultures.
- Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, vision, and values of the Rocky Mountain Bagel Co.
- Creates quality bagels, and muffins consistently by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards.
- Ensures prompt delivery of bagels and baked goods between store locations and monitors inventory levels and restocks accordingly.
- Ensures bakery shut down as required and supports all team members as needed.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume to keep the bakery operating to standard and to set a positive example for the team.
- Communicates information to supervisors and managers so that the team can respond accordingly.
- Responsible for keeping bakery in a clean and orderly condition, by performing cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, mixers, and wiping down surface areas.
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance standards so that the team can operatly efficiently and effectively.
- Provides a system for tracking evening number projections to ensure accurate inventory levels.
- Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Follows all store operating policies and standards, including providing quality products, store safety and security.
- Ability to lift and move heavy loads of up to 50lbs throughout the duration of the shift, as the position is physically demanding.
- Must hold a full valid Alberta Diver's License for deliveries between store locations in company vehicle.
- Available to perform other duties within the store during each shift as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to lift heavy objects, and perform repetitive, physical tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both alone and as part of a team
- Ability to build relationships
Why Rocky Mountain Bagel Co?
- Gain experience working with a family owned local business in Canmore, Alberta.
- Learn new skills and feel confident practicing english if english is not your first language.
- Enjoy discounted staff meals, and a hot yoga pass.
- Eligible to enroll in company benefit program after probationary period
- Immerse yourself in a diverse and engaging work environment.
Come work with us and see that we are much more than a business, we are a team, a Bagel Co. family. Please email a copy of your resume to HR@thebagel.ca along with your references. We DO NO have staff accommodation. Advancement opportunities available.