The Arc Oneida-Lewis Chapter is seeking the addition of a Community Specialist to our Day Services Department in this role one will assist in the implementation of the person's ISP/Day Habilitation Plan by planning, providing and documenting community integration experiences utilizing as many community based resources and supports as appropriate to the plan; assists in providing direct care, training and supervision to the extent required.
Oneida County - Utica
- Is responsible for ensuring supervision of assigned individuals at all times
- Provide transportation for outings within the community, following established policies and procedures regarding the use of agency vehicles
- To promote and follow person driven choices in independence, individualization, inclusion and productivity and the "Five Governing Principles" when working with the people throughout the day
- Provide the extent of assistance necessary with activities of daily living, i.e. toileting, eating, ambulation and lifting as necessary.
- Associate Degree in human services or related field preferred (Or)
- High school diploma or GED with specialized training, or year of experience in working with persons with developmental disabilities, or in an educational setting, or in a health care facility.
- Must be able to transfer and position individuals and manipulate equipment such as wheelchairs.
- Valid NYS Driver's License
The Arc Oneida-Lewis chapter provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.