The Arc Oneida-Lewis Chapter is pleased to announce the opening of our Chef's Express Bakery! We are seeking experienced Mentors to join our team and be responsible for for engaging, coordinating and monitoring productivity by providing training to the people we support at Chef's Express. In this role one must be able to communicate effectively with company personnel, families and other human service professionals.
- Distribute appropriate work tasks to all trainees, including reinforcing the proper training methods to
maintain quality control on tasks performed.
- Act as a first line instructor as to how to perform task.
- Perform any and all duties related to food preparation and operations at Chefs Express. To include but not limited to mixing, baking, cleaning, and inventory.
- Assist with quality control of products being produced at Chefs Express.
- Maintain daily contact logs on all trainees indicating the need for additional supports.
- Keep appropriate written records on attendance and pre-vocational goals, documented in Therap on a daily basis.
- Provide transportation to the people we support.
- Act as significant member of interdisciplinary team to provide input to establish appropriate employment
- Obtain and recommend adaptive equipment to assist trainees with performing the job more proficiently.
- Perform job retention activities, as necessary, to include, but not be limited to job assessments, job
readiness skills training, work/life skills training. Teach individuals how to access community supports to
assist them with childcare, travel training, residential living and securing/receiving supplemental benefits.
- Associates Degree in field of Human Services and Three years of experience working with individuals with disabilities (Or)
- High School Diploma/GED and Five years of experience working with individuals with disabilities
- Relevant experience working in food service industry.
- Valid NYS Drivers License.
The Arc Oneida-Lewis chapter provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.