- Waterville, NY, USA
- Part Time
Medical, Dental & Vision. 401K. PTO
The Arc Business Enterprises Department is looking to hire a Nickelback sorter! In this role you will be responsible for front line duties and activities of the Nickelback Redemption Center, owned and operated by The Arc of Oneida Lewis Chapter. This position is responsible for processing, counting and sorting all incoming bottles, cans and recyclables that arrive and depart from the work site. We ask you to demonstrate professional conduct to include compassion, dignity, and respect when interacting with other staff, family and individuals we support.
- Count and sort by vendor and category bottles, cans and related recyclable material.
- Accurately dispense correct deposit amount for corresponding returnable items.
- Ensure records concerning daily counts, daily activities, cash transactions, delivery and invoice information is recorded and presented accurately in accordance with Agency policy and site procedures.
- Maintain a safe, clean environment for all employees and customers at the redemption center; including daily sanitation of sorting sinks.
- High School Diploma or equivalency preferred.
- 3 - 6 months general work experience preferred.
- Must be able to use your arms, hands, and wrists in a repetitive motion during the duration of the shift.
- Ability to lift, push, pull 50 lbs. or more repetitively on a regular basis as well as reach above head height.
The Arc Oneida-Lewis chapter provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.