- Lowville, NY, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental & Vision. 401K. PTO
Our Employment Solutions Department is seeking multiple Employment Specialist II's to join their team! In this role you will be responsible for the provision of employment supports to people with developmental disabilities in the community to help them identify and meet their vocational needs, maximizing their independence and utilizing all of the resources in the community available to them.
- Able to assess people with varying disabilities to develop and implement an employment plan which will include strategies to overcome barriers to employment and to appropriately match an individual's interest and abilities to a supported job.
- Perform job development/job retention activities as necessary to include, but not be limited to, job assessments, job readiness skills training and work/life skills training.
- Teach individuals how to access community supports to assist them with childcare, travel training, residential living and securing/receiving supplemental benefits.
- Work independently in the community.
- Provide supports such as benefits advisor, case manager, service coordinator and life coach when needed to support the person and assist in gaining independence.
- Attend all ISP meeting and meetings with support staff to ensure quality services.
- Responsible for Habilitation Plan and Employment Plan writing.
- Carry a caseload of approximately 20 people.
- Develop relationships with local employers in the community in order to develop and/or maintain employment opportunities for individuals with disabilities.
- Valid NYS Driver's license and must have a working vehicle and agree to transport individuals, as needed to work-sites.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of one year experience working with people with disabilities (Or)
- Associates Degree and a minimum of two years of experience working with people with disabilities (Or)
- High School Diploma and a minimum of three years of experience working with people with disabilities
The Arc Oneida-Lewis chapter provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.