- Utica, NY, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental & Vision. 401K. PTO
Come join our School to Work Team! We are seeking to add a Mentor to our program. In this role you will provide individualized services to students with disabilities to improve their outcomes after high school and assist with a positive transition from high school to adult life. Such services may include but are not limited to: developing plans for work and life skills training and experiences based on the students Individualized Education Plan (IEP) and personal goals
- Complete referrals for students to obtain eligibility for ACCES-VR and/ or OPWDD and attend meetings if necessary regarding the referrals.
- Attend a variety of meetings such as CSE, other parent/teacher meetings, transition fairs and/or, but not limited to open houses, in order to promote and expand referrals for all STW programs for the current & upcoming school years.
- Complete necessary documentation as it pertains to each student and distribute appropriately to their school personnel and family.
- Accurately complete and maintain all required agency documentation in the required manner.
- Provide supervision of students while participating in your program.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in any aspect with co-workers, supervisors, community partners, school districts, and families. Must communicate effectively with school districts, families, employers, students and community businesses incorporated into the program.
- Bachelor's Degree in the field of human services, education, or other related field (Or)
- Associate's Degree in the field of human services, education, or other related field and two years of experience in the field of Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities.
- Valid NYS Driver's License
The Arc Oneida-Lewis chapter provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.