Now hiring peer mentors!!
Experience LexLife with our Increased Starting Rates!!!
We are seeking young adults with college experience to help guide our students through their post-high school journeys, supporting them to achieve success in higher education, in their careers and in learning to live independently.
*** This position may qualify for up to $3000 of the Healthcare Bonus Award! ***
- Serve as a role model and Transitions representative to students and parents through demonstrating respect, patience, encouragement, and understanding to all program participants and personnel
- Help students with personal, career, and academic concerns as they relate to the program
- Understand and commit to building a strong residential community in order to enhance the educational and learning experience of on-campus apprentices
- Assist apprentices in individual and group conflict resolution
- Encourage and reinforce mature and responsible behavior
- Support apprentices by encouraging them to advocate for their needs
- Work individually and as a member of a team to plan and implement programs
- Attend classes with the apprentices to model proper classroom etiquette and behavior
- Maintain professional and courteous relationships with all internal customers, vendors, contractors and apprentices we support.
Qualifications: As a peer mentor, you must possess a High School Diploma or GED and be enrolled in college classes, or a recent college graduate. Strong leadership skills and a calm demeanor in working with young adults with learning differences is preferred. Must possess a valid New York State drivers' license for three years and safe driving record.
Lexington is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Lexington is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.